Between bike communications.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between bike communications.

Just saw this in an email this morning, thought a few people may be interested at the price......

Motorcycle Bluetooth Communications Headsets

This Motorcycle Bluetooth / Communication Headset with microphone allows you to communicate with up to 2 other riders (or person riding pillion) equipped with their own ABT118 (no mobile phone required). The ABT118 will pair with bluetooth phones for hands free telephone calls or for listening to music stored on your phone. The ABT118 will also pair with bluetooth transmitters that are connected to CD/Mp3 players or GPS for audio directions.

FEATURES:

* Motorcycle Bluetooth / Communication Headset.
    * Suitable for full or open helmet.
    * 200 metre maximum range.
    * Up to 120 kmh maximum speed.
    * Up to 7 Hrs talk time.
    * Auto receives phone calls.
    * Fully weather protected.
    Similar to something we've done a GB on in the past......
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

200m Range and 120kph speed isn't helpful especially considering what happens on a country run.

Better off going for a UHF system with throat mike and PTT.
    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

You could wear them at barbagallo to heckle each other.
      sigpic

Comment

Would be OK for legal posted limits, and when helping/shadowing learners though........
        Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

I find hand gestures work.
          A huge part of riding for me is the solitude, I couldn't stand someone jabbering in my ear whilst I was riding.

Comment

The respected Autocom and Blueant systems have noise cancellation , does this?

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
            Better off going for a UHF system with throat mike and PTT.
            Depends on your voice, I have this setup and is for sale because it seems my voice is possibly too resonant and comes though the receiving helmet speakers too boomy and as such is difficult to listen to

I would expect however it should work very well for a female or someone with a smoother voice.

Comment

dunno what brand..?

few reviews would be handy to find

Comment

I have the Blueant one, but it snapped off during an off and honestly I couldn't find the charger for it for months. Only needed charging once a month...

Then I looked under my desk at work and voilah! A Charger Appears. I'm going to yoink my GF's unit and put it back on the helmet cause it works a treat. Between helmets we found it to work really well (for around town anyways) and through the phone we could have a convo up to about 170km/h (allegedly).
                Originally posted by Koola
                Someone sig this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ev View Post
                  Depends on your voice, I have this setup and is for sale because it seems my voice is possibly too resonant and comes though the receiving helmet speakers too boomy and as such is difficult to listen to

I would expect however it should work very well for a female or someone with a smoother voice.
                  Wear tighter underwear.
                  You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

The bluetooth headset i use has a range is up to 900m, with crystal clear transmission at any speed.
                    FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

Originally posted by Koola View Post
                      The bluetooth headset i use has a range is up to 900m, with crystal clear transmission at any speed.
                      what one are you using?

Comment

One of these mate

Cardo Scala Bluetooth set. Oh yeah lol, the range is inhibited by tree infested corners...
                        FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

I have been looking at the "Chatter Box" Bluetooth products, because they have Voice Activation!!! Can wirelessly hook into MP3, Phone Calls and listen to GPS for the long haul trips...

Communicators :: Solo Moto Parts

Def would be interested in a group buy...

Comment

Used an Autocom Active Plus with a Uniden UHO65SX on my last trip over East and very pleased with it. Sound was crystal clear with no background noise, just gotta get used to the voice activate missing first couple of words. Range was pretty much line of site for the bikes but buddys missus in the 4by with a good areial had around the 3 km mark. Pretty pricey setup but works great.

Comment

I love to use scalarider...I bought it from supercheap auto, and using it since long..it does the business, even in heavy traffic and at high speeds..great technology

Comment

Working...
                              X