• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moved to sydney... SHOULD I GET IT?

this bike is for sale in bikesales for 6250

his higher quality photos for the bike sale is here:
    Flickr: Paul's bike's Photostream

yes or no?

BTW i love the oldschool r6 and r1 red and white colour schemes...

No because I want to be the only person on PSB to have one.

Whats the stats on it? Kms etc?
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Buy it and send it to me...
      Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
      1985 - 2009

Comment

I "Should I buy it?" thread per bike you see and are vaguely interested in?

That said, tidy looking bike.
        Insert witty comment here

Comment

Bluurggghh the more I see that bike the more I want one. Just need to organise a test ride of one and if all is good then I believe this town is big enough the both of us, Redfern

Red: Have you written up anywhere about your thoughts on the new ride (esp compared to your 07)?. If so please send link, cheers
          Originally posted by Koola
          Someone sig this.

Comment

Nah I havent Kingy to be honest i have had a chance to take it for a really good ride.

I had planned to take it on the r1 ride but the battery went flat and I didnt have time to sort it out.

I could give you a write up if you wanted though.
            My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Hah... was confused for a second there then realised my pic looks like Kingy's tiger, yeah no rush go for a really good ride and post a review whenever
              Someone sig this.

Comment

Whoops sorry buddy, yeah the tigers threw me.

Comment

Mine's speshul ^_^
                  Someone sig this.

Comment

luuuvvvlyyy bike

Comment

heres the exact link in bikesales

Used Motorcycles For Sale - Buy and Sell Used Motorcycles Australia - bikesales.com.au

msg me ya opinions, i duno much abt the 98 r1's , if mechanically they go alrite and not too many faults.. ill consider further looking into it. if they have faults please let me no

Comment

People have said that 2nd gear can be a bitch on earlier R1's. Mine is fine but it has only done 24000km this one has done 60,000 so it is no doubt much worse off.

A test ride will help you decide.

People also say these bikes are insane, and Im sure in 98 they were however by todays standards mine is fairly tame. I would say it has about 80% of the power of my 07 and is much easier and cruisy to ride.

They handle well and the breaks arent to bad either.

If you are coming off a 250 you will be seriously impressed by it overall, it is fairly forgiving and will be much nice than what you are used to.

If you are coming of any newer big bike you may feel like it isnt quite as wild as you expect.

Also it mentions being dropped and the sellers opinion of a minor scratch is always very different to the buyers opinion so check it out for yourself.

It is a good price buut it has done 600000km so you may have to take some other factors into account such as cost of carby tunes, shims, and all other engine parts that could blow up while you won it.

Otherwise buy it they are extremely rare in good condition.

There seems to be more TZR 500 and all those other ducattis that the collectors swoon over than these R1's. And no doubt the R1 goes better and will outlast all of them.

Comment

thanks for the advice RF, really appreciated

Comment

the reason why so many of them were written off is because the sub frame is welded to the main frame. So if you drop it and bend the sub frame, it is a writeoff.
                            As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Working...
                            X