Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy carbs?

Good day to you, pleasant folks of PSB.

Anyway, aside from wreckers and dealers, where can I buy a carb?

Either online or local is fine. (Extra points if you have first hand knowledge of the vendor)

I'm specifically looking for a Keihin PWK38 (Quad Vent/Air Striker/wank). I can get them from the US for US$250+shipping, so if I could get a reasonable domestic price, obviously I'd prefer that.

Not especially keen on a second hand carb, as I don't know that much about them and I want it to 'just work', for the most part. I can do some basic jetting, but I don't want to have to rebuild a carb.

Any recommendations?
    (Yes I searched)
    Originally posted by Amac
    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

show and go

Comment

Thanks lee, I'm glad you said that because as I soon as I read it, I remembered I've been to the site, but lost it (and all my bookmarks) in the great hard drive crash of last week.

I'll see what they have get a quote from them.

Anything else?

Comment

Keihin PWK38 Air Striker from ShowandGo is $399(+$15Postage), but I can get the same carb from JDJetting (US) for US$240 (AU$300+postage). JDJetting also supplies 3x main jets and 2 JD needles with the carb.

Unsure of postage from the US, probably allow AU$30, which is double the domestic postage for the same item?

Then there's the wait to order from the US...might save $50-$80 though, depending on the postage, plus I get spare jets.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Comment

PM sent
          aka Matt
          RB 2 11

Comment

Show and go are good to deal with. Last time I ordered jets i got them the next day, now that's service.

End of the day, need to weigh it up when you have the full costs. The US guys may have stupid P + H costs. If there is a fair bit of difference, go O/S. If it's marginal, go local.

Comment

sorry mis-read... disregard
              Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
              Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Replied bograt

Thanks for sharing your experience Lee. I believe I'll follow your advice.

........lol drifter

Comment

Buy a kilo of sugar. Full of carbs.
                  If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Working...
                  X