Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to register my unlicenced motorbike??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to register my unlicenced motorbike??

Hi all,

I have an unregistered bike .

Could someone let me know how i can get it back on the road.
    What procedures is involved?
    Also what do i need to watch out for/ prepare before hand to take the bike to the pitt?
    If you have experienced in this area please give me your advices.

many thanks

mm

if its an 06 R6 you shouldnt have to do much.

Make sure everything works properly, brakes, horn, indicators, lights, all those things. Make sure it doesnt leak an oil/coolant etc and that the tyres and chain are in good condition and it rides well.

not sure on the process though, but i think you call the DPI and get a temp. movement permit to get it inspected, then take the certificate/whatever to the DPI along with all the details and get some plates and pay money.
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

get your bike back to absolute stock standard
      they check all brake lights
      indicators
      park light
      headlight and high beam
      make sure your tyres have
      tread
      and is safe to ride
      if everything else is stock you should be fine

depending where you take it
      you will have to book to have it looked at
      you will need a temp movement permit if you ride it down
      when asking for a permit ask if you can pay for the inspection as well it speeds up the proccess

im sure brenr1 will add anything else ive missed?
      Originally posted by Lefty
      Wouldn't be like me to upset the herd.

Comment

Don't bother getting a movement permit, they're not cheap.

Stick the bike on a trailer and cart it down there. If someone does get picky about a supposed defect, you'd be up for another moverment permit the next time.

Took my motorbike and on another occaison my trailer (on another trailer) down to licensing. Foul mouthed bitch behind the counter at Kelmscott screamed at me when I told her I didn't have a movement permit, I asked her to turn around and look out the window. She saw the trailer and did't say anymore, not even to apologise.
        Life seems more precious when there's less of it to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrap View Post

Stick the bike on a trailer and cart it down there. If someone does get picky about a supposed defect, you'd be up for another moverment permit the next time.

Took my motorbike and on another occaison my trailer (on another trailer) down to licensing. Foul mouthed bitch behind the counter at Kelmscott screamed at me when I told her I didn't have a movement permit, I asked her to turn around and look out the window. She saw the trailer and did't say anymore, not even to apologise.
          Unless things have changed in the last year or so, the movement permit costs around $20 and is valid for 24hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrap View Post

depends on what year bike it is i think
            i dont think its the R6
            you will need a temp movement permit for the pits blokes test ride it
            and its 48 hours satan

Comment

Ahh cool

Memory fails me, but I could remember it being very reasonable.

Comment

Just had to register mine, moving permit cost about $13 something i think, maybe $15, cant quite remember, its easier than sourcing a trailer if you dont have access to one.

They checked all the lights, horn, fender (what others have said) and took it for a ride.

I had it done at kelmscott also.

Pay for the inspection at the same time as the temp moving permit before arriving (approx $60 all up). You'll also be up for $300+ dollars for the 6 months rego once they give you the all clear at the pits (mine was around $350 for 6 months!)

Comment

$59 for inspection and $20 for movement permit

Comment

simply get your bike back to a rideable condition, and show the work you have done on the bike. Be prepared to explain the work you did on it...... i have never taken a bone stock bike down to the pits, and have never failed a pit examination...... the last one i took down was still set up for stunting and the track, he checked the lights (sticky high beam switch left the lights on high beam), took it for a spin, and laughed when he came back and said he had a ball on it - this thing had a tweaked and scratched swingarm, stunt cage, fairing mounts sticking out the side with no fairing on them, twisted subframe, scratched and dented wheels, mismatched paintwork on the painted areas, a dash that was bouncing round over the triple clamp on a home made bracket, a seat that looked like the dog ate it, race tape holding things together, scratched engine covers, bent rearsets...... simply went over the bike, showed him that things were tight, secured, fluids were spot on, throttle action was smooth, brakes worked, tyres gripped, indicators worked...... done and dusted, home time.....

If you go down there with a stock setup bike, and can't explain anything you did on the bike to them, or have an attitude, prepare to wait for some time......

Originally posted by Bradlze View Post
                    get your bike back to absolute stock standard
                    they check all brake lights
                    indicators
                    park light
                    headlight and high beam
                    make sure your tyres have
                    tread
                    and is safe to ride
                    if everything else is stock you should be fine

depending where you take it
                    you will have to book to have it looked at
                    you will need a temp movement permit if you ride it down
                    when asking for a permit ask if you can pay for the inspection as well it speeds up the proccess

im sure brenr1 will add anything else ive missed?

Comment

Depends. If he just explain it ran out of rego they'll probably be fine.
                      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by Bulbous View Post

If you go down there with a stock setup bike, and can't explain anything you did on the bike to them, or have an attitude, prepare to wait for some time......
                        if your pointing this at me think again I think I was in and out within about 20-30 mins with plates
                        just ask brenR1
                        you must of been lucky (or been whelshpool)
                        bloke had a buell down there with aftermarket mirrors got knocked back because they wernt stock....

Comment

Not pointing this at you mate, was just questioning the "stock everything" line, that's all...... I have been to four or five different pits, and never had a problem at any of them......

Originally posted by Bradlze View Post
                          if your pointing this at me think again I think I was in and out within about 20-30 mins with plates
                          just ask brenR1
                          you must of been lucky (or been whelshpool)
                          bloke had a buell down there with aftermarket mirrors got knocked back because they wernt stock....

Comment

Working...
                          X