Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninja (250)r wont start :(

hi all...

Ive got a dead ninja on my hands... Thhe bike is in the garage and wont start.... Basically it will turn over but wont fire.
    Ive tried push starting it but nothing... It hasnt been on for 6 days... I went for a ride on saturday and all was well...

Any ideas on what it could be? Anyone willing to come over and have a look at it? Im in success...
    Dinner on offer....

Posted via Mobile Device
    "Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over"

I'd start with your plugs, pull them out and check them, check the leads are sparking too.

I've got the day off and always willing to help out a fellow rider. I've had my share of problems in the past, I can help out all that I can I'm in Jandakot so it's just around the corner

Just let me know.
    When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
    Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

I'd check the kill switch first

Comment

silly girl question, do i need to take my fairings off for that?
        Im on my way to work so wont be able to do anything til later tonite...
        Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

checked the kill switch, like i said, turns over, makes the starting noise, but seems not to fire, ie actually start...
          Meaning its not the baterry either
          Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Screw around with every posible position of the choke... They occasionally get stuck.
            Originally posted by TurboR1
            Yeah, I remember Ken Done...

I look at his work and think... "I could do that, with an enema tube and a arsehole full of paint."

Comment

Originally posted by Hazelnutty View Post
              silly girl question, do i need to take my fairings off for that?
              Im on my way to work so wont be able to do anything til later tonite...
              Posted via Mobile Device
              For the plugs .... Yea

another silly question ... checked for fuel ??
              Last edited by Big_Dave; 31-07-2009, 08:57 AM.
              When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
              Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

big dave, thanks, may take you up on that offer... Will let you know when i get out of this meetng (2hours)

ayed around with the choke, nothing...
                Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

bugga, that means i need the screw driver for that, coz they're the special kinds of screws...

Yup, checked fuel first, about 1/3rd of the tank there... Opened up the fuel tank, shook it around all good there
                  Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Originally posted by Hazelnutty View Post
                    bugga, that means i need the screw driver for that, coz they're the special kinds of screws...

Yup, checked fuel first, about 1/3rd of the tank there... Opened up the fuel tank, shook it around all good there
                    Posted via Mobile Device
                    Allen keys and screwdriver in the bikes tool kit. All the tools you need to take fairings and the tank off.

Matso

Comment

The ninja's are temperamental when they are cold, mine can take up to 10 min to start on a really cold morning.
                      "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

cheers for the recommendations guys...
                        The bike is garaged... This morning wasnt as cold as other days, so im not sure if that could be it....

Ill give it a go tonite, and then see if someone can helpp tomorrow...

Stupid bike, barely 7 months old....

Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Defo the spark plugs ...buy some new ones ( cost about $10s & will start first time as long as you havn't drained the battery trying to turn it over..

Comment

yeah, ill try to change them today... The only other thing is fuel... But a) plenty there, b) i only use big service stations, so not sure its that...

Any other ideas?

Does anyone know the spar plug type/part number? I cant google with the phone...
                            Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Just rock up to a car/bike shop, they'll have a book with the application listing.

Comment

Working...
                              X