Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bike squeek

Hi all!

I'm pretty new to bikes and am going for my licence soon.

Anyway, I just bought a brand new Ninja 250R and noticed that there is a squeeky sound that seems to be coming from the fuel tank. When it starts making the noise it's is kinda regular and when I open the tank and close it again, it stops for a good while.

I thought it might be like a pressure thing having something to do with the tank and being new.

Is this a common thing or should I be doing something about it?

Thanks!

Its really common on the new 250 Ninja's.
    Fuel tank breather valve.
    To stop it you can drill it out if you like, or just live with it. There are a few threads already started on it.

Comment

Kawasaki whistle...

Wait till summer then you'll really hear it...

Comment

Most of the new ninjas do that, make a lil hissn noise, nothn to worry about.

There are even some threads on it layn around somewhere

[/QUOTE]There are a few threads already started on it.[/QUOTE] beatn like a catholic school boy!
        "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

the new ninja,s always seem to have a squeaky glove box lid :mellow:

Comment

When I'm working on my gpx in the sun it does that as the tank heats up, its nothing to worry about.

Comment

Yup, I noticed my new bike does it when I was washing it the other day.

Note: do not open tank when making hissing noise; fuel pisses everywhere

Comment

ye my ninja talks to me too....
                Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                And forgive us our lanesplitting
                As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                And lead us not into gravel corners
                But deliver us from hand-held radars
                For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Check the canary valve.

Comment

Ok, so nothing to worry about?
                    Is it common among all bikes or just some?

Originally posted by Satan1 View Post
                    Check the canary valve.
                    What is the canary valve? (Or is that a joke?)

Comment

Common on this bike, mates brand new zx2 does exactly the same thing, dont worry about it.

Comment

No, it's not common on all bikes. I've heard of a few that do it... The Ninja250Rs seem to be worse than most for it...

Comment

Yup, its the kawasaki fuel tank whine.

Kwakkas have had it for over 20 years, there's a fix for it apparently (google it if you feel like it); you'd think they would have rectified that design fault by now.

Its harmless though... (my zzr used to do it as well, from new).
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

yeah my ninja 250r does it too. I did the research and found a fix for it where you have to drill out the breather hole in the fuel cap to a larger size... didnt work, just made the whistle more high pitched now i just put up with it

James

Comment

Install minature blow-off-valve. B.O.V. for Pssht! noise.

Comment

Working...
                              X