Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bike slipped on Northlake road yesterday?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bike slipped on Northlake road yesterday?

    My dad told me a bike on Northlake road where the contructions are next to advanture world slipped off the road and his bike got completely totaled.

    It got me really worried for the guy or girl that was riding it. Does anyone know if they are ok?

  • #2
    Have not heard anything about it, pretty local too! If it's the road works im thinking of the road is clean and it's a straight section of road so not sure how you would end up slipping off it??

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Rizzo View Post
      Have not heard anything about it, pretty local too! If it's the road works im thinking of the road is clean and it's a straight section of road so not sure how you would end up slipping off it??
      Yeah, it's the area were it murges to a single lane and then double lane again. The road works made it slippery and tricky there. It's where those two cars had a head on clash a few weeks ago. It was all over the news. That place gets a lot of people. Onces i saw a old lady go on the wrong side of the road there and she had kids in the bad seat.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Acumen View Post
        Yeah, it's the area were it murges to a single lane and then double lane again. The road works made it slippery and tricky there. It's where those two cars had a head on clash a few weeks ago. It was all over the news. That place gets a lot of people. Onces i saw a old lady go on the wrong side of the road there and she had kids in the bad seat.
        Well it is the same roadworks we are talking about, Not saying you are wrong or anything but i have ridden and driven through there while it was wet and never had a problem, i did notice a large section of the sand on the LHS heading west had washed away the other week with the heavy rains but surely that would have been fixed. Cause it was a big washaway and it would have fucked up a car let alone a bike.

        But dont worry about those cagers they do stupid shit all the time

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rizzo View Post
          Well it is the same roadworks we are talking about, Not saying you are wrong or anything but i have ridden and driven through there while it was wet and never had a problem, i did notice a large section of the sand on the LHS heading west had washed away the other week with the heavy rains but surely that would have been fixed. Cause it was a big washaway and it would have fucked up a car let alone a bike.

          But dont worry about those cagers they do stupid shit all the time
          haha yeah, Boy hope that guy fine now.

          Comment


          • #6
            any news?

            Comment


            • #7
              i drove through there on sunday... Nothing that i could see... I use the road a lot,.. And agree its fairly dangerous stretch of the road.
              Posted via Mobile Device
              "Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over"

              Comment


              • #8
                Well it looks like it was one of the guys from another site.

                Poor ZX12R

                Hi all,
                Wrote off my beloved ZX12R on Friday.
                Heading north on North Lake Rd from Cockburn Central. Where the road splits by a medium strip with road works by Bibra Drive.
                Sun in my eyes, didn't see a flattened road cone from the road works, front wheel hit the cone lost the front and the bike slammed into the medium strip.
                Bikes a total write off.
                I'm battered and bruised filled with sorrow from my loss

                Comment

                Working...
                X