Sunglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunglasses

Am curious as too the best sort of sunglasses to wear with a full face helmet.
    I like to open the visor and feel the breeze, but also want the protection from the bugs. Also, where can I purchase them in the metro area?

always test under visor before you buy. The last thing you want to do is sink some money into a pair, only to find out you get "rainbow/oil spill" with the visor down.
    Can you help with foster care?
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Before I got my dark visor I used to wear sunnies and leave the visor open, I couldnt stand having the thing down. But now I cant stand having the visor up, and plus I can see out but no-one can see in

Comment

Originally posted by Stew View Post
        Am curious as too the best sort of sunglasses to wear with a full face helmet.
        I like to open the visor and feel the breeze, but also want the protection from the bugs. Also, where can I purchase them in the metro area?
        I have a set of ordinary bolles which do the job, but you are supposed to have impact/shatter resistant glasses for obvious reasons.

Quite a few of the main sunny makers also make safety glasses now...
        "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i'm always breaking and sitting on sunnies so i go the servo ones haha and they've never been a prob

Comment

$20.00 servo type works for me!
            I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

I bought a pair of Holden sunnies for $30 a few days ago, stood on them Saturday but they worked well inside the helmet until then.
              Originally Posted by Maxo
              do people around you constantly wear their palm on their face?
              to Butters

Comment

i agree AWSE - tinted visor - stops the sun ok and no one can see who it is - goes perfectly with my black leathers. only shit is when the sun goes down and im stuck with the tinted one [clear one being in the garage at home] cos i thought i'd be home before dusk.

Comment

I use the ones that are wrap around with straight arms to get on easier. I use safety glasses from a wholesaler that are red and I love em. Bought two sets last time, about $35 dollars a pair.
                  They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

i need prescription glasses so i have to spend alot on mine.
                    But so long as its cheap and they wrap around enough and are high enough to stop wind then they should be good. make sure the arms arent too wide as they can dig into your head when the helmet is on
                    I was just raising hell I wasn't doing no harm, the cops could not appreciate my natural charm.

Comment

Alrighty - Im one of those guys who cant really live with the visor down, im like one of those dogs that want to stick their heads out of the car window. I wear Oakley straights - nice big lenses on 'em and the clarity is awesome.

I also have a tinted visor - it makes it awesome for those arvo's when your riding into the sun - visor half down to take most the sun out the equation, and sunnies to top it off.

When the sun goes down, I chuck the Oakley's away and whip out a pair of clear safety glasses, makes open visor night riding all the more fun. Got a great pair from work, again big lenses so not much wind gets through. They're even better than the Oakley's to be honest (for the wind that is).

Comment

Hadn't thought about clears for nighttime. That's not a bad idea at all. I'm also a big fan of sunnies on and visor up. My current sunnies (Serengeti Vedi) make for excellent driving sunnies, but allow just a bit too much wind in when riding, and annoyingly move in my helmet when I turn my head (they're a bit loose).
                        Insert witty comment here

Comment

Originally posted by AWSE View Post
                          Before I got my dark visor I used to wear sunnies and leave the visor open, I couldnt stand having the thing down. But now I cant stand having the visor up, and plus I can see out but no-one can see in
                          Are you unhappy with yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post
                            Hadn't thought about clears for nighttime. That's not a bad idea at all. I'm also a big fan of sunnies on and visor up. My current sunnies (Serengeti Vedi) make for excellent driving sunnies, but allow just a bit too much wind in when riding, and annoyingly move in my helmet when I turn my head (they're a bit loose).
                            The Serengeti company make some great sunnies, but like you said not good at stopping the wind. The safety glasses I use are MSA Arctic Golds - they are comfy enough for 12 hours at work, so they're great on the bike - I have a spare new pair at home - so if you want a pair to give em a go then swing me a PM.

Comment

The yellow tinted safety glasses are great for night time riding.
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X