No announcement yet.

Advanced Ride day in AWESOME weather..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Ride day in AWESOME weather..

Short: RAC/AHG advanced ride day this sunday, weather predictions are of heavy rain/windy conditions. Should I be a chicken and do it next month? or is it still worth doing in this weather?

Long:
    Theres an advanced ride day and they are also running a tune day at the RAC/AHG complex, of which I'm enrolled in the advanced ride day as is a few others I know on here.
    Looking at the weather forecast for sunday its predicted at heavy Rain, Morning clouds, windy conditions.
    Is the format of the day spent most of the time indoors like the car course, with a bit of skidpan time in the arvo? in which case hoping the rain will have stopped bucketing down, or is the day spent with most of the time outdoors, and I'm looking at spending the day getting nice and wet?

Other option is to reschedule it next month and knock back my first tune day..
    Last edited by Wedge; 10-08-2009, 10:37 PM.
    :stupid:

Take your wet weather gear, you'll learn more in the wet ya fair weather fairy .
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Did my ARD in the pissing rain, it's fine. You'll learn alot more than in a dry session.
      As for the tuning session i think it depends on how comfy you are riding in the wet and how much you want to push it. I enjoy playing knee down at ahg which really is'nt something I would do in the wet.
      Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

my vote is to go ahead and do it.

This is a perfect chance to practice your riding skills in (possibly) less than ideal conditions, in a safe and controlled environment.

Also don't forget that since they took the weatherman's window away and gave him a computer he quite often gets it wrong.

Comment

If you need to ask, the answer is probably "yes". If you aren't comfortable, change it.

Comment

I'd do it.

Where are you more likely to depend on advanced riding skills? On 35 degree sunny trips down the coast?

Or dark, wet, windy days?

edit:
            If you're not comfortable in the wet, this would be the perfect time to confront and get over those fears with professional supervision/help/advice...
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Go for it!
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                I'd do it.

Where are you more likely to depend on advanced riding skills? On 35 degree sunny trips down the coast?

Or dark, wet, windy days?

edit:
                If you're not comfortable in the wet, this would be the perfect time to confront and get over those fears with professional supervision/help/advice...
                +1 Ideal conditions to improve your riding overall not just in the dry
                It's not a "race practice" as far as I am aware so you shouldn't be overdoing it anyway, if you never try riding in the rain you will be less prepared when you are caught in it :o
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

I'll see you there, regardless of weather
                  Insert witty comment here

Comment

Do it.

Like everyone has said, will be good wet weather experience, I have an awesome RST rain overjacket you can borrow to keep dry if you like, designed to go over a leather jacket. I wish my bike was delivered so I could join ya... not long now (apparently).

**EDIT: Got some wet weather pants too..

Comment

It's only forecast for showers?

Thursday Few showers, mainly morning. Min 11 Max 19
                      Friday Shower or two. Min 9 Max 20
                      Saturday Shower or two increasing. Min 10 Max 19
                      Sunday Few showers. Min 8 Max 18
                      Monday Few showers. Min 11 Max 18
                      Tuesday Shower or two increasing later. Min 7 Max 16

Comment

Im going no matter the weather. Harden up!
                        "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

You will learn a lot in the wet. There is a lot instructors can't teach you unless it's wet so take a good opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Wedge View Post
                            Short: RAC/AHG advanced ride day this sunday, weather predictions are of heavy rain/windy conditions. Should I be a chicken and do it next month? or is it still worth doing in this weather?

Long:
                            Theres an advanced ride day and they are also running a tune day at the RAC/AHG complex, of which I'm enrolled in the advanced ride day as is a few others I know on here.
                            Looking at the weather forecast for sunday its predicted at heavy Rain, Morning clouds, windy conditions.
                            Is the format of the day spent most of the time indoors like the car course, with a bit of skidpan time in the arvo? in which case hoping the rain will have stopped bucketing down, or is the day spent with most of the time outdoors, and I'm looking at spending the day getting nice and wet?

Other option is to reschedule it next month and knock back my first tune day..
                            Hey Wedge,

I will be there this Sunday. This will be my first ARD with Geoff so im lookn forward to it.

See you there!

Comment

kewl,
                              Yeh plan is still to do it, they have revised the weather forecast now to "numerous showers" (www.weather.com.au/wa/perth)
                              Garett, cheers for the offer, most of my stuff is pretty waterproof, Might chuck some ski pants over my draggins though, as the jeans I've found dont like sitting in the rain.
                              So all right there.
                              Steeds, Solid, Wilson, pnorkle, cya there.
                              Cheers
                              Adrian.

P.S the biggest confidence builder i've found the past week has been getting a new back tyre! no more sliding around corners in the wet..
                              :stupid:

Comment

Working...
                              X