Unbelievabel but true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievabel but true?

So i found this site just then : Closeout prices on Alpinestars Dyno Leather Jackets

Looks real, sounds real, but heck those are some cheap prices - whatcha reckon? Could pick up an alpinestar jacket for less than $300 new!

Am I missing something?

It is a closeout... they are just getting rid of stock, no more to it.

I picked this alpinestar barcelona (normal American retail 400$) for 140$ american. All up to 180 australian $.

pretty good eh?

Comment

Heck yeh, nice bargain.

I guess the credit crunch in US is good for us eh?

Comment

Dunno if it really is ''credit'' crunch related... Businesses always liquidate old stock in closeouts to get them out of the door quickly and ''move on''. I don't know this shop but I got my jacket from www.sportbiketrackgear.com and apparently they actually bought the Barcelona jackets at a ridiculous price straight from Alpinestars and sold them for 140$ so they probably got them for less than 100$ directly from alpinestars.

Comment

Ahh good find then.

Just purchased one of the jackets - will see what happens. Worst comes to worst I have insurance on the purchases through that card.

Comment

Hey mate can you let me know how you go with this as I will probably get one if they are good.
            My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Hey mate! Generally in the US, they massively discount old season stock. Especially when they're running low and just want to clear it out. It's legit. I bought a Teknic leather jacket for $150US instead of the $550ish they go for here, and an A* wet weather jacket for $150US as well. The only thing that hurts is the postage (generally hits you for $70-$100 US), so I try and wait till I have a couple of things to order.

Another website to try is New Enough Motorcycle Apparel sells motorcycle jackets, pants and suits, boots, gloves, helmets, etc :: New Enough, LTD. It's all brand new stock, just last season's designs. They've generally got quite a big closeouts section (also an awesome site for checking out photos/fit of gear you're interested in). Also, www.sportbiketrackgear.com do good closeouts from time to time.
              Insert witty comment here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post
                ). Also, www.sportbiketrackgear.com do good closeouts from time to time.

Just got a jacket from here. Very good service, answered all my questions. Full tracking of gear (it left Chicago at 2:03 this morning). Hopefully have it next week.
                Originally posted by Roger Explosion
                Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

Comment

Unbelievabel indead

Comment

Some cheap Technik suits in there as well.
                    Originally posted by Abuse this
                    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Yeah, for sure. If/when it's 1pce time, I'm almost certainly hitting STG up for a Violator suit.

I also like their video reviews, and the extra little bit of effort they put in. So I feel good about giving them my money (as much as one can feel good about their money leaving them).
                      Insert witty comment here

Comment

i nearly bought some alpine street boots/shoes, on sale for $49...bargain....go to checkout...$60 postage

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                          Unbelievabel indead
                          Haha dislesxcixcx i was last nite. Damned fingers not obeying brain control.

Ordered a jacket through em, have yet to hear from them via email, but I'll give it some time. Looks pretty kosher, meh, time will tell.

Cheers for the websites too Wilson - thanks for supporting my spending addiction!

Comment

Does anyone else knows sites that regularly do "closeout" sales? If so then post them up, im in the market for a bargain!

Comment

www.denniskirk.com does closeouts.
                              Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Working...
                              X