Helmet Standards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Standards?

I just found a [email protected]#KING CHOICE M2R Helmet on eBay that I really want but it doesn't have Australian standards on it but it does have the American standards on it. Will this be ok or will the local po po be pissed at me

must be the 1000000000000000th thread on this.

Are you buying from america? It won't have the australian sticker... you can get busted.
    (I wear an american helmet anyway).

Comment

Na man. As far as my knowledge goes, if its not got Aussie std sticker,its not legal. The fines are pretty bad fo such offence. I wouldn't take that risk.

Comment

its fine for the road but not the track.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm No Superman View Post
          Na man. As far as my knowledge goes, if its not got Aussie std sticker,its not legal. The fines are pretty bad fo such offence. I wouldn't take that risk.
          What is the fine?

Comment

Originally posted by olli View Post
            Bullshit. Overseas helmet standards are recognised by MA, so its fine for racing. I've never had my helmet checked at Trakdayz. Champions ride days don't approve of it, but let you sign a disclaimer and away you go.

Comment

K thanks guys its pretty much what I thought

Cheers
              All

Comment

Just as a matter of interest, one of the racers at Collie last weekend pulled on his almost brand new M2R (up market model) and promptly pulled the chin strap clean out of the shell! Don't think I'd be buying one anytime soon.
                [SIGPIC]Accredited Motorcycling Australia Road Racing Coach Level1 TRAKDAYZ

Comment

can any one tell me just how nasty the coppers get about the aussie standards and what the average penalty is for it.

Comment

I've never ever been checked for the sticker and have never heard of anyone being checked/fined for not having the sticker.

The fine would be the same as not wearing a helmet, $100, no demerits.

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
                      I've never ever been checked for the sticker and have never heard of anyone being checked/fined for not having the sticker.

The fine would be the same as not wearing a helmet, $100, no demerits.
                      Err don't think so..my mate got done recently for no helmet, $600 3 points and a court appearance.

Gremlin - While the penalty for getting caught can be nasty in my 35000km's riding so far i've been stopped numerous times and not once have they looked for an AS sticket on my helmet.
                      Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                      1985 - 2009

Comment

Originally posted by olli View Post
                        Other way around mate...
                        SP RACINGis supported by:
                        MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                        Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                        Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

do they sell that helmet here? if so, you have nothing to worry about, read the relevant section of the road traffic act; it states a helmet that is or is of the same standard as, one that is gazetted.

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
                            Err don't think so..my mate got done recently for no helmet, $600 3 points and a court appearance.

Gremlin - While the penalty for getting caught can be nasty in my 35000km's riding so far i've been stopped numerous times and not once have they looked for an AS sticket on my helmet.
                            This is fucking bull shit
                            The helmet i wont to get is not available in aus but it meets the snell dot rating in the states which is higher then the rating my current one has and their the same brand for fuck sake
                            Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Originally posted by Gremlin1981 View Post
                              This is fucking bull shit
                              The helmet i wont to get is not available in aus but it meets the snell dot rating in the states which is higher then the rating my current one has and their the same brand for fuck sake
                              Posted via Mobile Device

ALot of swearing!!

How many times have you had your helmet checked by Police???

Racing at the Track different story.....

Buy it, relieve your stress!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X