Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Fender?

Hey!

Got myself a yellow sticker on Friday night, and now desperately after a stock fender to borrow or buy. I have a 2003 CBR600RR.

Please no suggestions of "I used wood/spray painted cardboard/my mum's knitting" to get over the pits as I'd rather get it done properly.

Also, any suggestions on how I can make my Leo Vince pipe a few decibels quieter would be sweet, but not as essential as the fender!

I've got all the bits from an 05/06 fender that you're welcome to, but it'd take a fair bit of modification to make it fit, going from the microfiche.
    FTP

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...sticker-75181/

some good tips to check off in this thread ^^

Comment

shit looks like i will be ceeping the stock one on then

Comment

Just out of interest, did it happen in Perth on Hay St? I saw a CBR Movistar and a Blue & White Gixxer being directed to pull over by two "chips". Had a funny feeling they were out to sticker them

Comment

Originally posted by Kingkezza View Post
            Just out of interest, did it happen in Perth on Hay St? I saw a CBR Movistar and a Blue & White Gixxer being directed to pull over by two "chips". Had a funny feeling they were out to sticker them
            Yep, Kristy+x and me

Comment

Thought it looked like Kristy+x. Sorry to hear. Didn't look like you were up to any mischief either. Good luck with the fender.

Comment

free bumpage for nipper cos she's awesome

Originally posted by Kingkezza View Post
                nar no blue on my gixx, just white and grey... still got my ugly stock fender so I was all good

Comment

So the solution is, if you've got a FE, don't be the slowest!

/worries about the state of his 250's fender (or lack thereof). "It was like that when I got it, guvnah".
                  Insert witty comment here

Comment

What is the problem with the boys in Blue, Dayglow yellow etc, I got stopped on my Daytona recently.

I was told that the rear fender had to be at 45degs to the rear hub, what they forgot to mention was the fact that that's only when you are sitting on it..

Comment

Originally posted by saggy View Post
                      I was told that the rear fender had to be at 45degs to the rear hub, what they forgot to mention was the fact that that's only when you are sitting on it..
                      From memory there is a specific weight given in the ADRs. But it doesn`t take into account, what tyre or suspension setting you have got on your bike. So the onus is on the rider to insure, they got the sufficent angle...
                      SP RACINGis supported by:
                      MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                      Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                      Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

my rear guard was 1 1/2 " to short....

Haven't they really got anything better to do ? They also said that the spray from my rear wheel could hit the car following..Wot the ?

Comment

Haven't they really got anything better to do ? They also said that the spray from my rear wheel could hit the car following..Wot the ?

Yeah mr plod was talking to me about it, I said to him, meh, i've followed gixxers with stock fenders before and they flick all sorts of shit up, doesn't do any good anyway. Then again I was just busy talking shit to distract him from going over the bikes with a fine tooth and comb

Bicycle cops came by as well and asked ploddy if they had done all their licence checks = quota for the day...

Comment

my rear guard was 1 1/2 " to short....

lol

sif thats the reason for a rear fender :p

stones get flicked off the rear tyre from the bottom of the tyre.. so does spray- for the fender to be effective, the stone would need to stick to the tyre until it was almost vertical before releasing it.

the only reason for a rear fender is to hold the plate and (as anyone who has ridden a pushy without mud guards knows) to stop the rider from ending up with a muddy stripe up their back :p
                            Originally posted by Bendito
                            If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

the worst part was trying to find a new rear fender for a 10yr old bike & then having to tack on a bit of plastic to keep the DPI happy, looked crap...
                              I am so fed up with the number of times I've been stopped since moving to W.A. that the Daytona is up for sale...!!! any Takers ?

Comment

Working...
                              X