the us and pound Currency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the us and pound Currency

has any one got any bike bits from the us or uk and if so dose it work out cheeper when you are buying parts over there?

I've bought stuff from the US and it worked out cheaper than buying local. All depends on the exchange rate at the time and what the item is you're buying.
    Feels good man.

Comment

For example I saved 400 bucks on a alpinestar jacket from the US compared to local. Local just can't match prices from O/S.

Comment

ok cool i got a heep of stuff to get for my bike.
        1 dollar usa works out to be 1.20 aus and 1 pound is 2.00 aus

Comment

Even with the crap current exchange rate its usually cheaper to buy from OS/US.
          keep each order under 1k to avoid extra taxes
          National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Originally posted by MADOGA View Post
            Even with the crap current exchange rate its usually cheaper to buy from OS/US.
            keep each order under 1k to avoid extra taxes
            Is .83cents crap for you? It is basically the real and actual price of Australian dollar mate.

Comment

has any one bort stuff from R&G racing in the UK or Bayside performance in the US ?

Comment

Hey, on a side note...

If anyone wants to buy stuff from the UK but the supplier doesn't ship internationally, I would be happy to be of assistance. (can buy for you and post over) just PM me
                Ello

Comment

bought some boots & gloves from superbiketoystore last week, with the savings i essentially got the gloves for free and still saved $40 on aussie RRP for the boots.

if you want to share freight from R&G let me know, wouldn't mind ordering some gear off them too.
                  Last edited by Rodent; 09-08-2009, 07:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hey try these guy Perth Street Bikes - View Profile: SBK Toy Store

He is a site sponsor and seems to have a good rep

EDIT: Beaten

Comment

ok cool thanks

Comment

Yeah I too have bought a lot of stuff from OS, mainly the US. Bought a Joe Rocket jacket 3 years ago from the US for $360 AUD landed in a week, most local stores didn't stock it and the ones who did wanted $500 AUD and because I'm a big guy would have needed to order in with about a 2-3 week wait
                        Also bought 3 sets of EBC HH pads from the US for the price of 2 sets here :o Just be careful on the shipping as some try to rape you on shipping particularly if it's via UPS

Have also bought a couple of things from the UK but their std prices tend to be a bit higher than the US but still generally lower than here AND they can ship it here quicker than getting it from over east generally
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by twowheels View Post
                          has any one bort stuff from R&G racing in the UK or Bayside performance in the US ?
                          Bayside Performance in not in the US, they are in Canada and you can choose to pay in CAD or USD. THey are in Vancouver and have a nice storefront shop there as well so they have lots of stock. Kevin is a great guy and I've done buisness with him before. He is an AMA Superbike racer as well as running the store.
                          EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
                            Bayside Performance in not in the US, they are in Canada and you can choose to pay in CAD or USD. THey are in Vancouver and have a nice storefront shop there as well so they have lots of stock. Kevin is a great guy and I've done buisness with him before. He is an AMA Superbike racer as well as running the store.
                            ok cool so i have not bort stuff over o/s before when you go to pay for the gear do you just lev it as us or pounds to pay for it not shor haw it works if some one could tell me thanks?

Comment

I have bought heaps of stuff from overseas and have never been disappointed...
                              Always save a heap of cash from the US, but definitely worth shopping around if it is for an expensive item...

Comment

Working...
                              X