new point to point speed cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new point to point speed cameras

The Police Minister says new speed cameras set to come into force in Western Australia will have a significant impact on the behaviour of motorists.
    Rob Johnson says point-to-point cameras can measure a vehicle's average speed over a set distance and can be set up to 30 kilometres apart.
    Mr Johnson says the cameras could be rolled out on major roads across the state, including the freeways and the soon to be completed Perth to Bunbury Highway.
    "I would hope that they will be in place within six to 12 months," he said.
    "I believe they will achieve a significant reduction in those people who speed and put their lives and other people's lives at risk."
    WA to test new speed cameras - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

"I believe there will be achieve a significant increase in revenue from people who speed and put their lives and other people's lives at risk."

fixed

Comment

son of a bitch.......
      Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
      Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
      In the backroads as it is on the freeway
      Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
      And forgive us our lanesplitting
      As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
      And lead us not into gravel corners
      But deliver us from hand-held radars
      For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
      Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

They usually put these cameras on the bridges where exits are if my memory serves me well. I speed for enjoyment and not because I'm in a rush. So the solution is to exit the freeway just before one of these cameras, and then continue straight onto the entry again. This may or may not work, just an idea...

Comment

Oh great, another tool for the nanny state.

I would assume they will need 1 person at each end to manage each camera.?

Bloody money making machines. So damn annoying.
          Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Originally posted by rc_sam View Post
            Oh great, another tool for the nanny state.

I would assume they will need 1 person at each end to manage each camera.?

Bloody money making machines. So damn annoying.
            Nup, they are computer controlled.

Comment

Same old tired crock of shit rehashed yet again. Funny how research in other countries suggests raising speed limits reduces the road toll yet our fantastic state keeps lowering them and chucking more speed cameras in which are of course not at all associated with revenue raising.
              In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
              Its the little things that make the difference
              Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
              If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Mr Johnson
                Douche.

Comment

They're looking at doing this in Tassie too... Only thing I can think of is get the least identifiable gear and fairings you can, and cover your plate on the way past...

Or stop for lunch or something halfway.

Gonna be a bitch for highways if you're trying to get somewhere though /cpt obvious...
                  Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                  If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
                    Nup, they are computer controlled.
                    so there is nobody there to arrest you if you stop in the emergency lane just before it so you dont get done?? hey a solution.
                    Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                    Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                    In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                    Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                    And forgive us our lanesplitting
                    As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                    And lead us not into gravel corners
                    But deliver us from hand-held radars
                    For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                    Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

God damn it!

Oh well, even more reason to hit the track i guess!

Comment

Originally posted by killswitch54923 View Post
                        so there is nobody there to arrest you if you stop in the emergency lane just before it so you dont get done?? hey a solution.
                        Course, but you're guaranteed to forget about it at least once if it is a daily commuting route for you.

Comment

Wait till you see all the other shit they can do

Comment

Solution: cover your plates.
                            ZippySig.com

Comment

Lets play finish the sentance.

Most country signs have bullet holes in them
                              Therefore most country speed camera's will have __________________.

They will be on the mojor routes only to maxmise revenue I don't see them been a major problem and there is of course weather they will be forward or rear shooters. Most of these type in other states are forward shooters.
                              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
                              X