Motorcycle Vests - Uggggh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Vests - Uggggh

SEND this MP an email... time for car drivers to take responsibility for their
    behaviour... and DO we NOW ban all DARK Coloured CARS TOO..

[QUOTE]
    Biker uniforms ‘mad’ concept
    THE manager of an Albury-Wodonga motorcycle business has rejected a North East politician’s call to force riders to wear high-visibility clothing, arguing it’s bureaucracy gone mad.

Stephen Whitehouse said his customers were proactive when it came to safety and mostly wore jackets with reflectors already built into them.

“This is bureaucracy gone mad; I resent being told what to wear while riding,” he said.

“I can’t picture my customers putting on fluorescent jackets, it’s not going to happen.”

Member for Murray Valley, Ken Jasper, raised the idea in Parliament this week.

“I believe the Government has an important role in enforcing safety standards and should legislate on this issue just as it did with compulsory wearing of seatbelts and cycle helmets,” he said.

“My observations indicate that many cyclists wear reflective or iridescent clothing, but most motorcyclists wear black garments, making visibility very difficult.”

Mr Jasper said high-visibility garments would promote safety for road users.

“Consideration must be given to enforce the wearing of specific coloured garments such as those used by truck drivers, construction workers and others,” he said.

Mr Whitehouse said the garments would not be embraced.

“It’s a stop-gap solution when the Government should be putting money into improving roads and proper driver training,” he said.

Sen-Sgt Bill Gore, of the Wangaratta traffic management unit, said it was a fantastic idea.

“On many occasions bikies are riding around in thongs and shorts. If they can’t make their own decisions then the law has to make it for them,” he said.

and just in case you feel like expressing your opinion to Mr Jasper <cough> MP... here is his homepage & email

[email protected]

Ken Jasper MLA, Member for Murray Valley - Make motorcycle safety gear mandatory

funny

regional local govt member knows whats best for entire state

rest of state doesnt care
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

so we're getting the fashion police for real.

I cannot tell you how overjoyed I am at this prospect.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I would hate for that to happen but if it did, it would be interesting to see how much difference it makes. I suspect cage drivers will still "not see" bikes.
        Originally posted by Amac
        suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

If they dont look in their mirror or turn their head to check if its safe to change lanes, it shouldnt make too much difference.
          MSN: pinkygirl_999 at hotmail dot com

Can't you tell that this is all just a contest,
          The one that wins will be the one that hits the hardest!

Comment

Email sent.

I'm such a nice guy
            Originally posted by Desmo
            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Wonder what he'll say to me...
              Hope he doesn't take my suggestion to paint ALL cars in high viz colours seriously...
              Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
              One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
              . .

Comment

I wear the gay vest when I'm commuting but I can assure you, it doesn't really make a difference. You also start to think silly things like "they will see me, i'm fncking yellow after all" but that just leads to heavy breaking and close calls.
                On the other hand, when wearing the vest people move over to let you split a lot more.
                Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

so he's in victoria? The only good motorcycle law they have is footpath parking.
                  Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                  Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

I have been wearing my "look twice for bikes" vest, but the bloody zip had broken!
                    Can you help with foster care?
                    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

I choose to wear one all the time but i think making people wear them is fucked. Tackle the problem of inattentive drivers rather than targeting the victim and saying here, wear this...

Comment

It's yet another false security. There's no point being able to bleat "I was wearing a vest, he should have seen me!" from your hospital bed.

Wear black if you like, ride like you're invisible, take charge of your own safety. Don't rely on the other dopey fuckwits on the road to look out for you.
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                          It's yet another false security. There's no point being able to bleat "I was wearing a vest, he should have seen me!" from your hospital bed.

Wear black if you like, ride like you're invisible, take charge of your own safety. Don't rely on the other dopey fuckwits on the road to look out for you.
                          This time a gazzilion!!! Ride like every wanker out there is trying to kill you wheter they know it or not.
                          Can you help with foster care?
                          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

the new cager excuse will be that the hi-vis jacket blinded them and they hit me........
                            Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                            Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                            In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                            Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                            And forgive us our lanesplitting
                            As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                            And lead us not into gravel corners
                            But deliver us from hand-held radars
                            For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                            Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

I swear wearing my fluoro jacket makes me a target

D'Art

Comment

Working...
                              X