Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Deej - need some spare parts for the Desmo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Deej - need some spare parts for the Desmo?

Vehicle Detail - Pickles Auctions Australia

Vehicle Detail - Pickles Auctions Australia
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Ouch!

Comment

You have to wonder how much damage you have to do before a 100K plus bike is written off.
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

fighter it!
        Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
        Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

awwww

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
            You have to wonder how much damage you have to do before a 100K plus bike is written off.
            When the front rim is something like $5K, not much.

Comment

So something like that would be pretty exxy to insure wouldn't it?

With their limited production run, surely it wouldn't be too long before it started getting hard to take your insurance cheque and go buy another one. maybe?
              Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
              Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Get that for the right price and it could be a nice buy...

Rims and suspension both look OK and they're collectively worth a small fortune eh.

Man what a shame.

And so the bike becomes rarer by the day eh...

Comment

What you on about? That front rim is fucked.
                  Forged + dent = rooted.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                    What you on about? That front rim is fucked.
                    Forged + dent = rooted.
                    Pah plenty good if you want to turn your bike into a clown bike.

edit: ahh shit it is too... I missed that image of the front mangled wheel. What a crying shame. Ahh well, 1 down 1499 to go. Bet that guy's feeling a bit down in the dumps..

Comment

what are the odds of two being wrecked at the same time!!!

Wonder what sort of money there'll go for? gotta be upwards of $40k you think?
                      Last edited by djt77; 12-08-2009, 09:43 AM.
                      Now a Pom in Perth :aus-salute: with a DB7

Comment

Just goes to show, when you own something of such limited availability...

Be carerful what you insure if you want to keep your pride and joy..

My 888 SP5 only had 3rd party, would have been the same, a small slide would have
                        been a write off due to parts availability....

Comment

The wheels are something like $USD14k for the pair. Fairings are very expensive. One of them requires new engine side case and there's a bunch of other expensive parts broken too. Maybe $40k worth but then if the insured value is market value ($85k?) and they think they'll get $50k then it's a write off.
                          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

it wont sell for more than 20k the type of person who buys one of them isnt stupid enough to buy one thats been ripped in half than spend 20k fixing it so they can have a rare collectible that has been bent over sideways and bumfucked by a mack truck. Some idiot who wants to showoff at the track will buy it with their life savings and think its gonna give them status and hide the bit about it being damaged and repaired, ride it once a year and tell everyone he or she bought it for 100k prolly middleaged loser with small dick, no hair, fat gut and yellow teeth

Comment

buy it for the motor!!! project bike???
                              The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X