Bike as only transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike as only transport

How many ppl have a bike as there only form of transport?

My car hopefully goes 2morrow and i am plannin on buyin a bike, but for at least the next 8-10mths it will be my only transport unless me and the missus are goin sumwhere in which case will use her car.
    I only live 12km from work and 3 of the 4 roads i go down are deserted semi rural roads so the commute doesnt phase me, more so the riding in the rain.
    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

riding in the rain is the gayer than 3 dudes in a 2 man tent

Comment

riding in the rain doesn't worry me.

i only use my car if im going to the shops and have to carry a heap of food back. other than that bike for everything.

Comment

Bike only here, and have been for the last two years or so.

When it rains, I get wet. Or I put on my plastic pants (and over jacket if I can be bothered at all) and stay dry.

Comment

A bike only isn't practical for me. Groceries, gym, sport, etc. I do everything I can on the bike, of course, but sometimes there's just too much crap to carry (or you simply don't have anywhere for your bike gear when you get there).
          Insert witty comment here

Comment

Its my only transport. No car license see
            I love riding, rain or shine dosent bother me.

Comment

I ride 8kms to work everyday in all weather conditions, as my wife takes the car.

Used to have two cars, but it's a PITA without a double driveway. Plus the bike is cheaper on fuel, rego, insurance and a hell of alot more fun.

I'm a postie so I don't care much about the rain, just suck it up and wear your gear. Winter is pretty short here anyway.

Do it.
              Originally posted by Amac
              suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

See Mike, the reason all these people are saying "Oh no it's fine, you should totally do it, I do, it's awesome" is because they're trying to prove they're real men. Notice how most of em are on 250's? Yep. See what I'm getting at?

Because I'm already a man, I have no qualms in admitting it sucks dick getting wet, it's annoying gearing up every morning, and I'd rather be in a nice warm car with a heater, and in no immediate danger of getting runover by rednecks (which you're bound to come across, in your area).

HTH.

lee

Comment

ride bike 95% of the time and use the car to work if its pissing down to many idiots out there get worse when it rains for some reason
                  I HAD A BREEZE UP MY SHORTS AND IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

I only own a bike, and for a couple of months, it was broken down, so i used either the train/my mums car.

Sure was sweet NOT getting wet

Comment

i am (was) on a 250 and i agree with Lee. My first bunky was the only transport i had before i sold it to wannabee. Rain, yeah can deal with that, but hurricane katrina on a 250 isnt fun, especially when you have to go over bridges which have warning signs for high wind risks already.
                      We now have 2 cars and soon another bike as a toy. Summer, spring etc is fine, but i found it grew old very quickly when its rain every day or worse, high winds on light bikes.

Comment

Buy a thousand dollar bunky as a shopping trolley and to get to and from work.
                        Commuting sucks the joy out of riding.
                        FTP

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                          See Mike, the reason all these people are saying "Oh no it's fine, you should totally do it, I do, it's awesome" is because they're trying to prove they're real men. Notice how most of em are on 250's? Yep. See what I'm getting at?

Because I'm already a man, I have no qualms in admitting it sucks dick getting wet, it's annoying gearing up every morning, and I'd rather be in a nice warm car with a heater, and in no immediate danger of getting runover by rednecks (which you're bound to come across, in your area).

HTH.

lee
                          agreed +1

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                            I have no qualms in admitting it sucks dick getting wet, it's annoying gearing up every morning, and I'd rather be in a nice warm car with a heater, and in no immediate danger of getting runover by rednecks (which you're bound to come across, in your area).
                            It does suck dick getting wet, and some days I wish I had a car.
                            lee is right on that one.

But I don't have a car, so I ride.
                            Did I misunderstand the thread? Are we supposed to be telling him to ride in the rain? I thought it was a question on who has a bike only?

Comment

well the way i c it there is only a couple more months at most of rainy days then its gonna start clearing up. Then its spring/summer and rain wont be a problem for another 6-8mths by that time i will most likely have another car.

But yeh was more so interested to c how many ppl have a bike as only transport
                              B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Working...
                              X