R-E Bike test today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R-E Bike test today

Bike test today in mandurah @ 2:50pm and im already nervous as all hell...
    Hope all goes well though (weather doesnt go all rainy on me)

you'l be fine mate.... if it rains they give you a bit more length on the quick stops.... Goodluck.

Comment

relax.... you'll be fine... just dont leave your indicators on like i did...
      sigpic
      http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

Cheers guys, i just hope my nervous tick doesnt flare up (when i get nervous under 'examination conditions' my right foot shakes). Wasnt so bad when doing my cage licence years ago but when your rear brake is done with that foot is kinda sucks heh...

Comment

Headcheck, headcheck, headcheck. That's what I got done for - but passed anyway. I was looking, but she couldn't see my head turning to look down side streets, alleys, driveways etc.
          Good luck.
          aka Matt
          RB 2 11

Comment

Relax and breathe, think of things to take your mind off the test i.e. all your head checks and indicators etc.

If you want the pass act like you know what you are doing

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
              If you want the pass act like you know what you are doing
              +1

All the best.

Comment

any de-stressing tips?

Comment

Just do what I did. Talk to yourself. For example, you're riding along a street and have to turn left through a roundabout. "Turn head to check sidestreet for cars, move into left track, indicate left, turn head to check for incoming cars, turn, cancel indicator" etc. It really calms the nerves and helps syou remember things.

Comment

actually mandurah is quite an easy pass, you gat massive amounts of room for 0-turns (same room for R class), and the ride is very quick...you will be fine, just ease the back brake, check the side roads down coolabah ave, make sure you dont go over 50, laughing. Which bike are you on?

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Revelations View Post
                        actually mandurah is quite an easy pass, you gat massive amounts of room for 0-turns (same room for R class), and the ride is very quick...you will be fine, just ease the back brake, check the side roads down coolabah ave, make sure you dont go over 50, laughing. Which bike are you on?
                        did you do the O's on the road or at the boat ramp ?

Comment

youll be fine mate.just ride like you would on your own.try not to think that there is someone watching you and ride naturally.once they see you have full control their generally good examinors.good luck

Comment

road, you dont do them on the boat ramp...they get you to practice there, but you know where you do your e-braking? further down waterside drive? thats where you do your o-turns. I had an R class lesson yesterday on a gs500 and its the same. You get those extra large dual lanes to turn in. All you have to remember is before you turn, to check mirror, indicate, look behind, then turn, then repeat before you complete a full 'O'. In essence your doing half circles because its takes a small amount of time to mirror check, indicate etc every turn you do.

Comment

Good luck just stay calm

Comment

Working...
                              X