Mens and Ladies Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mens and Ladies Boots

Hi Everyone I have ready through some boots threads, but can’t find what I’m looking for.

I’m after 2 pairs of boots(iv heard good things about Sidi) one for me and a pair for my GF

We want them for general commuting and going for rides on the weekend, won’t be doing any racing or anything like that and they need to be full boots with ankle and shin support

Any suggestions?

Cheers

For Dry, Wet or both??

I got dririder's cos i ride in the rain, but im looking into getting a pair of Sidi boots for the track.... Ive seen heaps of guys with Alpinestars recently and hear good things too but Sidi for me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by STEEDS View Post
      For Dry, Wet or both??

I got dririder's cos i ride in the rain, but im looking into getting a pair of Sidi boots for the track.... Ive seen heaps of guys with Alpinestars recently and hear good things too but Sidi for me!!!

Mainly Dry but be able to hold up if getting caught in the rain

Comment

Originally posted by Calibur View Post
        Mainly Dry but be able to hold up if getting caught in the rain
        I tried on everything but these were my fav. And the ones i use everyday, wet or dry...
        MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES - BIKEBIZ

Even used them at the track the other day (but not again cos i need a toe slider )

Comment

Even used them at the track the other day (but not again cos i need a toe slider )
          Haha! This means you need to shift your arse moar (maybe)

Sidis are pretty good in the wet. I've worn mine in pretty heavy rain a few times, and never had problems. They do sell a wet weather boot, so perhaps in a torrential downpour or something mine'll be no good. But so far, so good.

They're made from lorica instead of leather which doesn't soak up water and is super duper insert Sidi literature here blah blorkle.

They've got a decent range of prices, but I think they still start a little above the other brands. $200 buys you some quite nice Falco boots at Dale Brittons, which have some ankle armour (but nothing like the race boots) and whatnot. The Falcos are less good in the rain though.
          Insert witty comment here

Comment

I tried on everything but these were my fav. And the ones i use everyday, wet or dry...

The sizes on here confuse me, would 45 be about a mens size 11?

Edit: They have a sizing chart! BRILLIANT!

Comment

Originally posted by Seznid View Post
              The sizes on here confuse me, would 45 be about a mens size 11?

Edit: They have a sizing chart! BRILLIANT!
              I got size Euro 46boot or Uk 11 - But i had to try them on... I thought i would be a 47 because i wear 11.5/12 casual shoes.....

Best you try if posss..... Got mine from Perth Australian Motorcycle Accessories, Motorbike Helmets, Australia, Parts, Tyres, Motorcycles, Motorbikes, Jackets, Gloves, Riding Gear, Total Motorcycle Accessories Western Australia

Comment

Just saw these............. LOOK GOOD! anyone know if they are any good??

Attached Files
                Last edited by STEEDS; 12-08-2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Alpinestar SMX-4

Completely waterproof, full support, very comfy. ~$300.

Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                  1985 - 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
                    Alpinestar SMX-4

Completely waterproof, full support, very comfy. ~$300.

Anyone know were i can try a pair on?

Comment

Got mine from Dale Brittons at causeway..
                      Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                      1985 - 2009

Comment

Just saw these............. LOOK GOOD! anyone know if they are any good??

Hey Yagadan - You hear anything about the Puma boots?? are they much chop??

Comment

Causeway Honda have em in stock.
                          Insert witty comment here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post
                            Causeway Honda have em in stock.
                            Tried the Puma and the Sidi's on Saturday - the sizing is a bit all over the place but long story short I prefer the Puma 1000 v2 to the Sidi corsa.... The Puma has soo much ankle support but also allows great range of movement in the crouching position.... You will have to try them on to understand

But the build quality and better leather and materials on the Sidi (plus the better aesthetics) definitely proves its a very quality product.....

I can get the Puma' nearly 200bucks cheaper on the net so that the only reason im going to get them. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by Calibur View Post
                              Hi Everyone I have ready through some boots threads, but can’t find what I’m looking for.

I’m after 2 pairs of boots(iv heard good things about Sidi) one for me and a pair for my GF

We want them for general commuting and going for rides on the weekend, won’t be doing any racing or anything like that and they need to be full boots with ankle and shin support

Any suggestions?

Cheers
                              Rossi motorcycle boots can't remeber the model name off the top of my head, older style motorcycle boot but good none the less and you can actually walk in them. The water proof versions don't breath very well (they are waterproof however) so I'd lump for the normal version and put a bees wax style dubbin into them to keep the wet out for the occasional time you might hit it. Been Rossi's the sizing tends to match the average aussie foot pretty well too something that can't be said for a lot of the others.

Looks like there range has expenaded few motorcycle shops carry them/not hard to order.

http://www.rossiboots.com.au/catalog...e.asp?deptID=9
                              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
                              X