Respraying Race Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respraying Race Glass

I know there are a few threads on this but I couldn't find any info about getting paints matched and made for you. The Race glass I've got has a few chips and what not that I wanted to fill and get back smooth and also repaint it to match my tank because at the moment it just has a standard rattle can job.

I was wondering if there is a place that I could take in the front wheel guard from my stock fairings which they could mix up a batch of paint that would match the lava red effect of the tank and I could load it into my paint gun/compressor setup and hopefully get the rest of the raceglass matching the tanks color and effect. Also does Yamaha have a fancy expensive paint process? Because the tank sorta looks like it's got metallic flakes in it and perhaps might be abit more complicated than just a few coats of paint and a polish?

Also any suggestions for preparing raceglass? I was just gonna go down to supacheap and get some bog, primer, heaps of fine grade sandpapers and go to town on it.

Your searching effort needs a boost...

+paint +"match colour" = http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...n-paint-40107/

and others.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Working...
    X