Oh noes! Its raining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh noes! Its raining

I rode today and its pissing down here , anyone hot any tips for a rider that normally doesnt ride in the rain
    Posted via Mobile Device

Wear water-proof protective gear and WSS. I whacked some Rain-X on my visor the other day, joy! Water just beads off nicely. Also, do a skid
    Originally posted by Koola
    Someone sig this.

Comment

Brake earlier, lean less, ride safer.

Comment

I rode the other day and it was abolutely pissing down. Was great fun I'd much rather be in my car but traffic on the freeway when it's raining is not fun at all in a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Murley View Post
          Wear water-proof protective gear and WSS. I whacked some Rain-X on my visor the other day, joy! Water just beads off nicely. Also, do a skid
          Where from

Comment

take it easy and watch out even more for fucktards as rain brings them out
            Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

Originally posted by STEEDS View Post
              Where from
              I got mine from Supercheap Auto, Ossie Park, I'm guessing it'd be available from any Supercheap?

Edit: I used the wipes on my shield and have a bottle of windscreen washer additive which I'll try and apply onto the shield
              Last edited by Murley; 13-08-2009, 02:04 PM. Reason: Bloo blag bing blongk
              Originally posted by Koola
              Someone sig this.

Comment

no more rain
                Originally posted by Lefty
                Wouldn't be like me to upset the herd.

Comment

ride smoothly.
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Leave your rear brake alone, for the most part. First time I went out in the rain (read: first time I went out AT ALL) I did, as it is termed, a fully sik skid. Sent myself flying down the road with my direction of travel offset 45 degrees from the direction my bike was pointing.

It was fucking awesome, though it was pure luck I didn't go down.

Apart from that, just slow down so you don't have to brake/lean as hard, and watch out for possible-knobtards early, as any grabby actions could lose you your precious traction.
                    Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                    If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Stay off painted white lines & arrows etc. Also don't ride in centre of lane especially at intersections (where oil from cars is) & give yourself double your normal stopping distance.

Comment

Originally posted by huls View Post
                        stay off painted white lines & arrows etc. Also don't ride in centre of lane especially at intersections (where oil from cars is) & give yourself double your normal stopping distance.
                        whs.
                        Originally posted by TurboR1
                        Herpes. Nature's sherbet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov-21 View Post
                          Leave your rear brake alone, for the most part. First time I went out in the rain (read: first time I went out AT ALL) I did, as it is termed, a fully sik skid. Sent myself flying down the road with my direction of travel offset 45 degrees from the direction my bike was pointing.

Apart from that, just slow down so you don't have to brake/lean as hard, and watch out for possible-knobtards early, as any grabby actions could lose you your precious traction.
                          Incorrect. You should use more rear brake in the wet.

Don't confuse lack of riding skill with misappropriating technique
                          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov-21 View Post

Haha funnily enough the main time i use my rear brake is in the wet, means i don't shred up my tyre as badly doing skids. If i actually want to stop wet or dry i just using my front brake.

To the OP, there are so many threads about this topic already. Have a search and you'll find all the info you need.
                            Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                            1985 - 2009

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                              Incorrect. You should use more rear brake in the wet.

Don't confuse lack of riding skill with misappropriating technique
                              Really? I was told that in the wet, your rear brake has sweet-FA stopping power, even less than usual. Or I thought I was told :mellow:

Either way, my mistake.

Mind explaining why?
                              Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                              If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Working...
                              X