Temporary movement permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary movement permit

I'm going to get the baby viffer back on the road on Monday. Because I'm still on RE, I'm planning to trailer the bike in/out.

When I booked the inspection, the lady said I could pay for the inspection and the movement permit online. I mentioned that I wouldn't need a movement permit, as I was trailiering it, and she ummed and aahed, and then told me I'd still need a permit so the inspector could test ride it.

Is this the case? Fair enough if it's been budgeted for as part of the routine, but it sounds like my feet are getting wet and they're telling me it's raining, but I don't see any rain.
    Insert witty comment here

they need a temp movement permit to test ride the bike
    Originally posted by Lefty
    Wouldn't be like me to upset the herd.

Comment

ooh, never heard of that one before.

I thought DPI officials were covered to drive non-regoed vehicles
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
        ooh, never heard of that one before.

I thought DPI officials were covered to drive non-regoed vehicles
        nope I think the temp movement permit covers insurance etc
        although I wonder what would happen if they wrote of your bike?
        they wouldnt have insurance like that to cover you of your bike loss

Comment

Harumph. That makes some degree of sense, I guess :/

Comment

You'd think they'd have their own set of "dealer" plates they would use...

And besides, isn't the temporary movement permit in your name for your own use? So how would an inspector be covered by that permit?

Comment

When I had my rego transferred from QLD to WA, they didn't want to test ride the bike when I took it to get inspected.
              They just did lights, horn, indicators and checked the bike for free play in the steering and swing arm.

I'm not sure if all inspectors have (or require) R class licenses either.

Comment

Originally posted by El Skitzo View Post
                You'd think they'd have their own set of "dealer" plates they would use...

And besides, isn't the temporary movement permit in your name for your own use? So how would an inspector be covered by that permit?
                agreed. I borrow my mates dealer plates when i run down there to save buying a permit each time.
                Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

i just went through this...they did take my bike for a ride at warwick

If your vehicle is unregistered and you need to move it for the purposes of registration or repairs prior to registration, you must obtain a temporary movement permit. Temporary movement permits are issued for registration purposes only and are required for every trip.

This means that the only time you will be issued with a temporary movement permit is if you are taking your vehicle:

to and from a place of repair prior to registration; or

to and from the examination centre.
                  from Temporary movement permit

Comment

Bah... the woman at the end of the phone didn't really know for sure either. And they don't open to accept payment till 8, and my inspection's at 7:30. For the sake of $20, I figured I'd just let them rort me and not take the risk of having to come back again.

Comment

hah...wait till they bill you for...rego...stamp duty...tax...gst on tax...jokers...

i walked out of there $480 lighter....

Comment

you also need proof of purchase or you wont get anywhere...

Comment

I think this depends on what year it is
                          I have trailer a bike down before and told I need a permit fro them to test ride it

Comment

Originally posted by Bradlze View Post
                            nope I think the temp movement permit covers insurance etc
                            although I wonder what would happen if they wrote of your bike?
                            they wouldnt have insurance like that to cover you of your bike loss
                            Temp movement purpose will only cover CTP insurance. There would be a sepearte insurance, for the DPI, to test ride.
                            If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Quick question - If I was to take my unregistered bike home from the dealers - I need one permit and then to take it to the pits from my house I need another permit?

What a pain in le rump.

Does anyone know roughly how much it is? I got $21 from looking at the form, but I'm not 100% that is right.

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...aminations.pdf

Was just going to pay for one online and see the price but that service is down until 5pm Sunday.... dag nabbit!
                              Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                              Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

Working...
                              X