Bad service or do I expect too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad service or do I expect too much?

Unfortunately I ordered a rs taichi jacket from sportbiketrackgear.com on the 24th of June and I still haven't recieved the jacket. After ordering on the 24th I contacted them on the 30th to get an estimate of shipping times. I hadn't heard from them so I emailed them on the 24th of July and was informed that my order had been misplaced and hadn't been processed. I contacted them yesterday and they still haven't recieved the jacket from the distributor. Now is this extremely bad service or am I just complaining?

That is fucked service. Fair enough if they stuff it up once, but once you contact them they should rush it through.
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Thems the pitfalls of buying off the net.

I have't had any trouble with Bikers Gear or New Enough with any of my purchases, good luck with it, just keep in regular contact with them, I take it you have already paid?? Ask for your money back??

Comment

piss poor service imo

Comment

Just reread, and its absolutely fucked selling you something that they don't have stock of, unless they tell you. Ask for your money back.
          If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Ask for your money back now and purchase from a good place like Stoney suggested.
            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I had good dealings with STG when I used them.

But your situation is not cool. As Semi said, if something went wrong, and you've had to ring them, they should make bloody sure that you get your stuff ASAP.
              Insert witty comment here

Comment

as above ^^^

I have used New Enough wothout any issues, also try forum sponsors, if they dont have it ask them if they can get your item.

Dubs

Comment

That sucks dude.

I had very good service from them. Emails were always returned during American business hours. Once I paid for a jacket, it arrived 13 days later.

Try emailing Andrew on [email protected]

Obviously it's not a direct email address, but should get his attention.
                  Originally posted by Roger Explosion
                  Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

Comment

thats just the shits... get ur money back and inform them that u will not be using them again and have informed others of the piss poor service.
                    Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                    Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                    In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                    Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                    And forgive us our lanesplitting
                    As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                    And lead us not into gravel corners
                    But deliver us from hand-held radars
                    For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                    Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Try superbiketoystore. They give PSB members discounts, they will get in pretty much anything you ask for quickly and I can vouch for their quality of service.

Comment

Originally posted by Destijl View Post
                        Unfortunately I ordered a rs taichi jacket from sportbiketrackgear.com on the 24th of June and I still haven't recieved the jacket. After ordering on the 24th I contacted them on the 30th to get an estimate of shipping times. I hadn't heard from them so I emailed them on the 24th of July and was informed that my order had been misplaced and hadn't been processed. I contacted them yesterday and they still haven't recieved the jacket from the distributor. Now is this extremely bad service or am I just complaining?
                        Been there mate... I ordered an alpinestar jacket, RS Taichi Gloves and some toe sliders for my SMX BOOTS.

It took them 2 weeks to even process my order (They didn't have the gloves apparently)... Watching some of the review videos they said that they had just started dealing with RS TAICHI recently as they previously didn't make enough gear to be able to supply SPORTBIKETRACKGEAR.

I'm guessing supply is still a bit of an issue with RS TAICHI . wish they had told me that though, and that is why I'm dissapointed at them. They took 2 weeks just to let me know... That is poor service.

I still plan to get a 1 or 2 RS Taichi suit from them in the future but I will call the directly to get all the information instead of trying my luck and juggle with E-mails.

Originally posted by polony View Post
                        Try superbiketoystore. They give PSB members discounts, they will get in pretty much anything you ask for quickly and I can vouch for their quality of service.
                        They don't have RS Taichi gear unfortunetly.

Comment

Originally posted by Destijl View Post

Let the dude know you're not happy and see if there is anything he can do to make it better.

I had excellent service from sportsbiketrackgear (as previously mentioned, prompt email replies, sizing advice, etc), my suspicion is that if they actually were available it would have shipped promptly (barring order fuckup in the first place).

Maybe you can change your order? My teknic violator arrived in just over a week from them...

edit:
                          i see both people who had shit service ordered RS Taichi.... maybe just talk to the dude and see what your options are, he'll probably be willing to change your order (or refund if it hasn't shipped yet).

Originally posted by semi
                          Just reread, and its absolutely fucked selling you something that they don't have stock of, unless they tell you. Ask for your money back.
                          Its standard practice these days, especially for online retail. You think some dude running an online shop out of his house can afford to keep 18 different lines of suit in 10 difference sizes and colours in stock? Its not like people are going to walk in and try them on...

Fair enough for people to say he should get his stuff ASAP, but if its not available from RS Taichi, its not available.... i'm sure they'll be open to other options if you need something urgently and are willing to change brand.
                          Last edited by thro; 14-08-2009, 06:46 PM.
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Yeh its understandable if they are having trouble with their supplier and i dont mind waiting for the jacket but i like to be kept in the loop. i would understand if they didnt contact me to tell me that they were having problems, but i have emailed them a number of times trying to find out what was going on but they havent informed me of any problems. I would change my order but i was only really tossing up between Dainese and Rs Taichi but at this point im going to stick it out and just see what happens.

Thanks for your opinions and wish me luck!

Comment

If the Suit is anything like the gloves I have got you will be pleased, awesome quality a feel, worth the wait.

As I said before I would call them directly next time (they encourage people to call rather than email) so people get everything sorted ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X