Clothing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing advice

Hi guys, I'm newish here. Picking up my bike this weekend.

I'll be using it a lot to commute to work, it's a short ride, but I work in an office so have to wear business shirt / pants / shoes.

Do most people wear their business pants with baggy protective clothing over the top or do you change at work? And change boots to business shoes at work?

Can anyone recommend a decent jacket as well? Probably looking at something that will be good for summer, and a seperate light 2nd jacket to put over during wet weather.

Thanks!

welcome and congrats on your new bike

i just wear work pants to work, but then again i hardly ever wear dress pants to work. Sometimes i wear draggin cargos or chino's.

I also used to wear boots to work and change to work shoes there. Just leave your shoes at work under your desk.

There are too many jackets to recommend to you without knowing what kind of price you're looking at spending. I'd recommend leather though, and get perforated leather if you want it for summer. Most if not all will come with a zip out liner as well that you can use in colder/ wet weather. You can pick up a decent on for $300-$400.

good luck shopping

Comment

+1 for leather jacket for winter

and a cheap summer mesh jacket for those really hot days

Comment

I recently came off on the way to work and I would really recommend NOT wearing work pants on the bike. I would have road rash all up my legs if I wasnt wearing kevlar jeans.

If you work in an office, my preference would be to keep a few sets of clothes at work and change there. Wash clothes on the weekend.
        Originally posted by Amac
        suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
          I recently came off on the way to work and I would really recommend NOT wearing work pants on the bike. I would have road rash all up my legs if I wasnt wearing kevlar jeans.

If you work in an office, my preference would be to keep a few sets of clothes at work and change there. Wash clothes on the weekend.
          This^^ Not too much effort to change pants at work, and given that business work pants provide zero protection and are likely to leave bits embedded in your skin, I wouldn'tchance it.

As for a jacket, my Dririder Nordic is textil/kevlar, with armour, and only set me back 250 on clearance. Fantastic in the wet/wind, removable liner for when it's hot (haven't had the chance to test yet, and a lifesaver in crash (recently tested with not a scratch on it). AAA seller - would buy again etc.
          Originally posted by Dragunov-21
          If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

cheers for the replies, and the links.

my budget is around $150 for the boots (saw some at a bike shop in joondalup I liked), $2-250max for the jacket (black, maybe leather?? for this price?), not sure about the pants maybe $150 or so.

I think I'll be leaving a change at work and just get changed there.

Comment

Working...
            X