First 1000cc Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 1000cc Experience

Got my hands on a GSXR-1000 for the weekend (hired - best guess is '06)

Previously ridden: 500, 600, 750, but this is the first time I've ridden a big boys bike and I like it.

Scares the shit out of me, but I have loved every minute. Going on a reasonable trek tomorrow, so will post my experience if anyone is interested. Will also put up a pic or 2 (yes, I know everyone knows what one looks like)

Just thought I'd share my excitement as a 1000cc noob. Feel free to share your first experience with a big'un, or just pay me out about something unrelated

that is all.
    Last edited by sven; 17-08-2009, 09:29 PM. Reason: title change
    Ello

Careful, it's hard to go back.
    Please, call me Flash...

Comment

SXV550 is much scarier!

have fun and be safe.
      EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

hey how much did it cost you to hire??? and is there excess or any extra fees for younger riders?

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Harry View Post
          Careful, it's hard to go back.
          The power is definitely intoxicating. The thou is beyond awesome, although... I think at my current skill level, my next bike will still be a 600, plenty of power and a wee bit more agile. There is no way I am ready for a bike this big, but I am glad I've tried one so I know.

Originally posted by Mr.Ahm3d View Post
          hey how much did it cost you to hire??? and is there excess or any extra fees for younger riders?
          Mate, probably not too relevant for you as I am in London, but it cost me £270 for the weekend (pick up Fri, return Mon) including gear for 2 and insurance. They won't hire to anyone under 25 either. (sux to be young, until you're old, then its awesome)
          Ello

Comment

A couple of pics from the weekend...

Nice Daytona with british flag on the nose, on the coast at Folkestone

On the way out to the country saw two bears riding, with a side car - you'll never be that cool

Couple of girls we met along the way that were a 'couple' also had some new bikes, never really liked the SV, but this one was purdy

Tracked down the village where my Gran grew up, in the middle of nowhere. And yes, I am in fact a stormtrooper

last but not least, back home safe in the underground car park. Notice the DIY PSB tag (read: bit of paper scribbled on decreasing the sex appeal of a nice-ish bike)

Thus concludes my first experience with a 1000cc bike. (depending on what I get up to on my way returning it tomorrow) Summary: after about 600 miles on it I found that this bike is awesome, I am not.
            Ello

Comment

Nice story, I'm yet to try a thou, hope my experience is as exciting as yours
              Be patient or become one.

Ride with Passion. Ride with Purpose. Ride with Pride.

Comment

nice work with the PSB tag

Looks like a great weekend
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I have had a 1000 for nearly 2 years and it stills gives me chubby with a quick twist of the wrist

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                    nice work with the PSB tag

Looks like a great weekend
                    Like how it is tucked under the tank protector? Oh yeahhh.

Might have to get on the shop and order some real ones.

Was a sensational weekend, got plenty of good pics around the coast. Lucky to have awesome weather.

Saw a few groups out too, although my pillion wasn't keen on catching them on the motorway when we were cruising at 90mph and they went past at roughly 110.
                    Ello

Comment

Working...
                    X