Hemp Jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemp Jackets

I was browsing the Joe Rocket site and found this Hemp jacket.

Details:

Originally posted by Joe Rocket
    Hemp Facts:

Ultra resistant and durable, hemp fiber is longer, stronger and more insulative than cotton

Rivals road race quality cowhide

Eco-Friendly - easily organically grown, hemp cultivation often requires no herbicides, fungicides or pesticides

Hemp THC levels average below 0.3%. Cannabis levels can surpass 20%...Smoking Hemp results in a headache, Not a high!
    The claim is that their hemp rivals leather, but they don't specify in what way. I don't believe it would come close in abrasion resistance or heat transfer properties.

However, I also can't find any solid info about Hemp itself, when used as protective clothing. Most links I've found just have standards for clothing or industrial uses.

Anyone know something I don't?

edit: still searching, not alot of info though. Seems the jacket is "New for 2010".
    Originally posted by Amac
    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

If ti can gain CE aproval for motorcycle gear (tough standard) than I'd believe it. Hemp is amazing stuff so it wouldn't suprose me. You can make everyhting else out of it!
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

at least if you stack it you can smoke the jacket to relive pain
      National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
        If ti can gain CE aproval for motorcycle gear (tough standard) than I'd believe it. Hemp is amazing stuff so it wouldn't suprose me. You can make everyhting else out of it!
        Good point. I'd be interested to see one of these jackets in person...wonder if the shops are getting any in...

Is hemp waterproof? Perhaps too general a question...

Originally posted by MADOGA View Post
        at least if you stack it you can smoke the jacket to relive pain
        "Hemp THC levels average below 0.3%. Cannabis levels can surpass 20%...Smoking Hemp results in a headache, Not a high!"

Fraid not

Comment

Smokin'

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            Good point. I'd be interested to see one of these jackets in person...wonder if the shops are getting any in...

Is hemp waterproof? Perhaps too general a question...
            With the CRAZY drug laws and retarded lawmakers here in Oz I wouldn't be suprised if they ban this jacket.
            EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

they already sell a shitload of hemp products around the place, we have dedicated hemp stores in perth....

they are not stupid enough to ban the jacket...
              no, hemp has effectively zero useful amount of THC - you are just going to wreck an expensive jacket

hemp is actually a really awesome material

Comment

Yeah, I've read heaps about the awesomeness ofhemp, but nothing specific to this application. I think it could be a winner.

Comment

I read an article in the countryman or similar publication about AWI losing out when they pulled the plug on studies of a wool/kevlar composite for bullet proof vests. Another company is now developing the tech, which apparently is better than kevlar alone.

Not hemp, but just another interesting possible leather alternative...

I have a hemp stubby holder, been with me 10 years, so it seems to have better "alcohol-related-stubby-cubby-misplacement-resistance" properties than the conventional neoprene...

Comment

Originally posted by -Stevo- View Post
                    they already sell a shitload of hemp products around the place, we have dedicated hemp stores in perth....

no, hemp has effectively zero useful amount of THC - you are just going to wreck an expensive jacket

I was kinda taking the piss. I come from the land of de-criminalized marijuana so it's weird for me that it's still considered a class one narcotic here.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
                      I was kinda taking the piss. I come from the land of de-criminalized marijuana so it's weird for me that it's still considered a class one narcotic here.
                      you realise marijuana is decriminalized here as well, right? :mellow:

Comment

no its not - you can be infringed for small amounts , but you get caught with heaps or agrowing more than a couple......

Comment

ok, yes... decriminalisation for minor amounts...
                          2 plants at home, blah blah blah

you'll still get raped for supply...

it doesn't really seem to be treated all that seriously though unless you are growing a LOT of it in a nice hidden location though...

Comment

This. Hemp is brilliant, although ignorance has put a taboo on the name. When I worked at The Body Shop we used to get a buttload of people asking if they would get high when they used Hemp body products (serious questions were serious). I'm pretty sure they don't sell the TBS Hemp products in places like Asia and America though.

Hemp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

you realise marijuana is decriminalized here as well, right? :mellow:
                              I actually didn't realize how far the legislation had gone. It's actually very similar to back home now. Do cops even ticket for posession here?

Thanks

Now we should probably let this get back on topic.

Comment

Working...
                              X