can you have one headlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you have one headlight?

how illegal is it to run just one headlight if your bike came with 2 from factory

e.g

why?...

Looks lopsided and fugly...

No idea about legalities...
    Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

About as illeagal as running a car with one headlight? You will get a yellow sticker for it if the copper is having a bad day, get sent home and told to fix it if he is having a good one.

Comment

illegal cos it looks stupid......:mellow:
        Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
        Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
        In the backroads as it is on the freeway
        Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
        And forgive us our lanesplitting
        As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
        And lead us not into gravel corners
        But deliver us from hand-held radars
        For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
        Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

If it has the High and Low beam in the one housing/globe I don't see why it would be an issue. Of course that would be thinking logically and as such it is most probably illegal.
          Feels good man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean'o View Post
            About as illeagal as running a car with one headlight? You will get a yellow sticker for it if the copper is having a bad day, get sent home and told to fix it if he is having a good one.
            Not really, because heaps of bikes run one low beam stock.
            Fuck knows why you'd want to do anything like that pic though, it looks ugly as fuck.

I'm guessing you're blowing a headlight regularly, and you're being a lazy fuck and want to just run one headlight? Which is a shit idea.
            If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

If the bikes ADR compliance was with two headlights, then you will need both.

Comment

Originally posted by Semi View Post
                Not really, because heaps of bikes run one low beam stock.
                Fuck knows why you'd want to do anything like that pic though, it looks ugly as fuck.

I'm guessing you're blowing a headlight regularly, and you're being a lazy fuck and want to just run one headlight? Which is a shit idea.
                Yeah they do, and the other light is high beam, so if one of them is missing its yellow sticker time.

Comment

Huls is on it: if you're not running it the way it came from the factory, you can be stickered for it.
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Id have a crack at saying if i bike came stock with one headlight, then it's reflective housing is able to project across to the opposite side of the road.

A dual headlight bike only operating with one headlight might only be able to project light onto its adjacent side.
                    Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

WBS.

Does the bike, on low beam, normally run one light only (i.e. not both)?
                      If so, you'll be fine, if not, just buy a new light and save yourself the drama.
                      At the end of the day you can get stickered on a completely stock bike leaving the dealership if a cop is really on his rags.
                      c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLqOwiZ8n5I]YouTube - The Wallflowers - One Headlight[/ame]
                        Originally posted by Ferris
                        I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

I have 2 headlights, but only one is lit at a time.
                          One for High , one for Low.

but then again its probably because the crap american wiring won't handle 2 on at once.

Comment

All John Deers do that Munch.
                            c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

i wonder if you could get away with it if you add the low and high beam to the one headlight

Comment

Working...
                              X