Most fuel efficient Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most fuel efficient Bike

Last year I had an accident and I should be getting a nice payout this year hopefully (greedy lawyer somehow trying to establish long term damage, thus ridiculous compensation...). Anyway, what I would like to do is to have two bikes, one for the weekend, one for commuting. The weekend one might be an MV or something similar. But for the commuter bike, I'll just need something simple, reliable and cheap. I was thinking a CBR125R or maybe a VTR? I've heard good things [mechanically] about the Virago but don't really like the shape.

So, What is the cheapest bike to own and run? Factoring in maintenance, insurance and of course fuel consumption.
    sigpic

basically anything around the 250cc range, my ninja will get 320km+ to an 18 litre tank
    Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
    Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
    In the backroads as it is on the freeway
    Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
    And forgive us our lanesplitting
    As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
    And lead us not into gravel corners
    But deliver us from hand-held radars
    For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
    Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Originally posted by tomv View Post
      I've heard good things [mechanically] about the Virago but don't really like the shape.
      Please dont buy a Virago. Aquila is thousand times better than a Virago if you are planning on going for a Cruiser. Eliminator would be the best option.

Comment

Need moar info...

If you're not even going on the freeway then a CBR125 will be fine...and won't cost much fuel at all...

Something like an FZ-6 is optimum...comfortable, easy to park, bit of grunt.

As for fuel? Just avoid V-twins and most things are okay. Hell my R1 gets 5 - 7L/100km thrashing it.
        Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
        1985 - 2009

Comment

Comment

Dam you Bendito!!!

Yep a CT110 postie bike, stick an oily rag in the tank and it will run forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
              wheelie pic
              Is it wierd that I know exactly where that pic was taken without any prior knowledge?

PS If you want the most economical bike, get a 50cc scooter. Fag.
              If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by Semi View Post
                Is it wierd that I know exactly where that pic was taken without any prior knowledge?
                No one cares. Fag.
                Originally posted by Semi
                I ride slowly because I'm a massive faggot.

Comment

Shutup faggot. You can't even finish one bottle of cider.
                  If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

suzuki GS500F (or no F) - good commuter

±320km to a tank
                    comfortable riding position (sports tourer)
                    500cc enough power to sit at freeway/highway speeds easy
                    Ello

Comment

Honda Cb250 it's a very basic bike so nothing fancy to go wrong all servicing can be done by yourself assuming you have some mechanical knowledge. depending on how i ride i can get up to 2l/100km but average 3-4 plus they are cheap to buy
                      Originally posted by CBRsairz
                      assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

German magazine did a test on this a while ago. Whilst they are biased (to the point if there is a BMW in any comparo they will always win or maybe german bikes suit german better who would of thunk that) and found the fuel injected BMW 650GS to be the most economical.
                        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Yeah what Nero said i read that article to. I think they got about 3L/100km or so
                          Wes

Comment

Comment

the hyo's get very good economy. and are cheap.
                              IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Working...
                              X