New parking rules in CBD(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New parking rules in CBD(?)

Found this page on the new parking rules in Perth CBD . There is also a link to a PDF on the right hand side but seems to be dead.

From the page:

Kerbside
    * You must park in a marked motor cycle bay. Parking in a regular bay or on the footpath will attract an infringement.
    * You must obey time restrictions shown on the signage.
    * From 1 July 2009 paid parking for motorcycles will be progressively introduced, at 33% of the car rate. Where fees are payable, it will be indicated on the signage below the time restrictions.

Car Parks
    * Parking is charged at 50% of the hourly and capped rates. On 1 July 2009, this will change to 33% of the hourly and capped rates.
    * Discounted rates, e.g. Early Bird, do not apply.
    * You must park in a marked motor cycle bay. Parking in a regular bay will attract an infringement.
    * Most car parks have parking meters at the motor cycle bays; you do not obtain a ticket, but use the meter. Motor cycle bays have individual parking meters in the following car parks: .... <snip>

33% of the full price in a parking garage is not bad. I paid $36 a day 2 months ago!

I thought this bullshit was canned? Cuntfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by cocksnogger3 View Post
      I thought this bullshit was canned? Cuntfaces.
      WHS.... Having a motorcycle in the CBD is going to become a nightmare....

Comment

absolutely shite

Last place I lived (Canberra) bikes could park wherever for free. Even over here seems that way.

Please Perth, please don't do it!
        Ello

Comment

The State Govt. removed the parking fee for Motorcycle bays, so if PCC are still going to be charging, they will be taking 100%.

Page was last updated on the 23rd April.

Comment

Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

I believe they have recently come to their senses and decided no to implement this (since April, certainly)
              Harleys make a noise ___ Ducatis make music

Comment

Parking at His Majesties car park was 50% of a car. They upped the car rate and my daily parking fee was over $11.
                Recently they dropped it to 33% and I'm now charged $8.50 a day, which is LESS than I was paying 24 months ago. Can't say that about many things today, can ya?

Yes, parking in the city is a bitch and we're all poor, impoverished motorcyclists that are hard done by but there is always public transport so you either pay or you don't ride.
                2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                Amen, brother. Amen.
                My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Actually, Breyten, the stage gov't still charges CoP for bike bays. They revoked the price hike (from ~$100 per bay to ~$400 per bay). But I believe CoP did announce that based on that, they were planning to keep kerbside parking free.
                  Insert witty comment here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post
                    Actually, Breyten, the stage gov't still charges CoP for bike bays. They revoked the price hike (from ~$100 per bay to ~$400 per bay). But I believe CoP did announce that based on that, they were planning to keep kerbside parking free.
                    WHS – that’s what i hear!

I parked at the Convention Centre today - so i will have to go to the bank at lunchtime to remortgage my house to pay for the parking

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                      Parking at His Majesties car park was 50% of a car. They upped the car rate and my daily parking fee was over $11.
                      Didnt know His Maj was soo cheap! Ive been parking in northbridge so i only have to pay 4.40 a day!

Comment

Yah but in winter I CBF dodging the rain, plus I like (the idea) of the security that a multi-level, closed-curcuit camera carpark offers.

I bus and train more than ride these days, anyway. The SP is too pretty to commute on.
                        2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                        In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                        Amen, brother. Amen.
                        My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by STEEDS View Post
                          I parked at the Convention Centre today - so i will have to go to the bank at lunchtime to remortgage my house to pay for the parking
                          What are you talking about?

PCEC is one of, if not the cheapest car parks in Perth.

Maybe they should double the price for a while so all the 'I ride a bike because it's cheap' 'tards will fk off.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                            What are you talking about?

PCEC is one of, if not the cheapest car parks in Perth.
                            How long u been parking at the CS mate? I paid 12.50 EACH DAY for a year (half a car $25) before they bought in new prices. If they are the cheapest how much?? I bet its not 4.40... so dont say its cheap.

For me i didnt change carpark because of the money, I used to work on mill st (100m walk from the CS) now i work on william st - so its closer to Northbridge.

Dont make a comment like :
                            Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                            Maybe they should double the price for a while so all the 'I ride a bike because it's cheap' 'tards will fk off.
                            WTF???? It should be a set sq meter charge so if you use up a third of a car bay or less you pay a third of a car..... Sounds fair to me... They can charge Fuktards like you double if your prepared to pay it

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                              Recently they dropped it to 33% and I'm now charged $8.50 a day.
                              I am just back from Central Park. There are special mororbike bays on the second level down which are not indicated anywhere, so I only saw them when I left. Nothing in the paystation pointing to special price for motorcycles. So that was $25 for 4 hours. Oops.
                              And still at the exit the sensitivity of the sensor is so low, that it does not react on a bike. Normally one of the attendants have to put a iron plate on the ground before you can feed your ticket into the pillar.
                              But you can easily bypass them, they are very short.

Comment

Working...
                              X