Tool, emergency set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool, emergency set

Just wondering does anyone leave a tool set or emergency pack on their bikes? What do you do if your stuck in the middle of no where and your bike has broken down? I'm considering leaving a 10mm spanner and a pair of pliers for my bike, don't know how useful that can be, but I can always try and do some MacGyver tricks^_^

What about emergency set too? Like the biggest roll of bandages I can get to fit in the bike

post up what you have in your bike or what would be useful can physically fit in a sports bike

bike tool kit and mobile phone
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Guns don't kill people, people with moustaches kill people.

Comment

8/10/12/mm spanner, fold away allen key set, cable ties and a leatherman.
      Never carried a first aid kit, all the accidents I have been in, or first on the scene at, have needed a bit more than a sticking plaster or safety pin to fix.

Comment

Just the yamaha tool kit that fits under the pillion seat...which has the basic tools to take off the fairings and do some basic things.
        Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
        1985 - 2009

Comment

Depends where/what kinda riding. Although, fortunately, on the gen 1 hayabusa there's enough space for a reasonable toolkit and first aid kit.

Think through the most likely disasters you're likely to encounter and tool up for them. For me?
          - punctures (compressor, cloth plug kit)
          - chain too loose - 11,12,13mm spanners
          - brakes need doing - 10mm spanner, long nose pliers
          - holed radiator (not so much now with a radguard) - knead it, 8mm spanner and 4+5mm allen keys (to get fairing off to get at radiator).
          - wheel issues? Spanners as required to remove front or rear wheel.
          - 17mm spanner for sump plug (roadside oil change on tour)
          - Various cable ties and tape.
          - small spool of 15A electrical wire and cutters.
          - pliers

First aid?
          - 3x crepe bandages (different widths)
          - 3x large non-stick dressings (for covering road rash or burns)
          - 1x triangular bandage
          - Tweezers
          - Burnaid, Lignocaine cream, Savlon (chlorhexidine) cream, betadine
          - Painkillers (paracetamol and ibuprofen)
          - antihistamines (for allergic reactions)
          - Bandaids
          - needle and thread (they're small, you never know).
          - suture strips (a little less scary than the needle and thread)
          - shock blanket
          - sunburn cream
          - respirator shield
          - latex gloves

First aid kit usually doesn't come out with me - there's enough room for it or my wet weather gear under the seat and I'm more likely to get wet!
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

my clutch pivot bolt desided to do a dissapearing act out in the middle of nowhere with a few friends, i was very thankfull to my friends dad who had some of those multitool plier things, i used it to cut a bit off some farmers wire fence and tie the clutch back to keep riding

Comment

Standard tool kit
              Cable ties and duct tape
              Puncture kit
              Always try to have my mobile (insurance cover includes breakdown assistance)

It's worth knowing your way around your fuse box and ensuring you have a few spares too.

Comment

Spark plug spanner (needed every month)
                Standard kit
                duct tape
                screwdrivers
                mobile
                Alcohol preserves
                ANYTHING
                but Secrets

Comment

Just the kit that came with the bike. It's fairly new (07) so I'm hoping it won't break down for a while.. If it does It'd be some stupid sensor somewhere that I need spares for anyway - same as a car I guess. I may have carried more if there was more room under the pillion.

I never go anywhere with out my phone though, can be handier than any tool at times.

Comment

STD Toolkit, Puncture repair & RAC Card.
                    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Std toolkit and cable ties, puncture repair, suncream, cap, tissues (for those awkward moments in the middle of nowhere and you're busting), water, 1 x triangle bandage ( at least you've got something to wrap around a wound ).

Comment

I used to have sockets, spanners, allen keys, screwdriver etc, but dont bother now.
                        I only carry 2 x locking pliers to replace the gear shift lever if it breaks, and a couple of cable ties
                        Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Standard tool kit (ajustable spanner, screwdriver and allen key), and some duct tape

Comment

Ground Pepper......

Comment

Working...
                            X