Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm feeling a little deflated... now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm feeling a little deflated... now what?

Hi Guys

It got pointed out to me yesterday that the rear tyre on my gixx is flat
    i knew there mustve been a reason i was feeling sooky this week and taking the cage to work

Its pretty worn anyway so probably cant be plugged

Just wondering how to get the tyre replaced as i dont have a trailer, are there tyre people out there that come to you ??

Couple of choices ask someone from PSB to borrow a rear stand pull the wheel and take that in to get changed. Pump the tyre up and see how long it takes to deflate, if its a slow leak you will probally have enough time to get to a shop. Failing that buy one of the tempray patch/plug kits plug it and ride it around to the bike shop. Expensive option (50-70 dollars) is pay a professional motorcycle mover to come get your bike and transport it for you.
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

I have a rear stand if you would like to borrow to pull off if you go that route
      Originally posted by Lefty
      Wouldn't be like me to upset the herd.

Comment

Happy to help out with a trailer in the morning (Saturday), if needed.
        - Mike

Comment

thanks guys i'll have a better look when i get home from work this afternoon
          it was a little too dark n miserable to get a grasp of the condition of the tyre last night
          better get my lab coat out...

Comment

Go buy a rear stand. Best thing you'll own.
            Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by T_B R1 View Post
              Go buy a rear stand. Best thing you'll own.
              thanks hon i was saving up for one but now the funds will be going to the replacement tyre

Comment

Give me a call if you want me come around with stand tomorrow.
                Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Just a word of warning if you intend to get a tyre on Sat the vast majority of shops do not do tyres on Saturdays. Tyres for bikes do but book now and get in early and I mean early, Motorcycle masters might I haven't asked, Thunderbikes do but they don't neacasily carry a large range of tyres so its worth ringing and asking (they'll get it in if need be). Dunno who else might maybe total motorcycle accesories or bike doc but I'd start ringing around now.
                  Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Have you been riding it anyway?

May be able to pump it up (I can lend you a compressor) and just ride it down...
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

What area do you live in? I live in Morley. If you need I can supply stand and/or plug. Pm me if you need either.
                      Can you help with foster care?
                      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

thanks guys

ive had a few phonecallswith offers of help as well

psb

will try and get it sorted this arvo after work

Comment

has anyone ever tried this kit before?
                          cargol:
                          Kenma Australia: Performance Motorcycle Accessories, Cargol Turn & Go, The only way to fix a flat tyre in 30 seconds

for 70 bucks it might be very handy to have on country rides & trips away from the big smoke...

or for the situation fledge finds herself in.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin1 View Post
                            has anyone ever tried this kit before?
                            cargol:
                            Kenma Australia: Performance Motorcycle Accessories, Cargol Turn & Go, The only way to fix a flat tyre in 30 seconds

for 70 bucks it might be very handy to have on country rides & trips away from the big smoke...

or for the situation fledge finds herself in.
                            Very interesting!

Comment

peta you know i own a trailer yeah?

Comment

Working...
                              X