Where to get carbs jetted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get carbs jetted?

Looking for a place to get carbs synced and dynoed, will places like Rilusi touch them or do they only want to do EFI's?
    Last edited by HotelBushranger; 22-08-2009, 03:26 PM.
    http://jupiterstravellers.org

What sort of bike ?
    Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Harley workshops should be able to help you out.

or

Carbtune carburettor carb balancer vacuum gauge - eBay, Other Car Parts, Accessories, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Aug-09 12:06:57 AEST)

Im going to get myself a set to be able to do it
      myself on the 900SS.

Comment

Is synching the throttle bodies the same principle?
        /hijack.

Comment

Yep.

Same Same.....

Easy as.

Comment

Awesome
            Never done throttle bodies before.

Comment

Originally posted by cocksnogger4 View Post
              Is synching the throttle bodies the same principle?
              /hijack.
              Yes although it depends on the setup. On bikes with individual cables to each carb you simply mess with the cable adjustment. On bikes with a bank of carbs you need to mess with the individual ariscrews and or idle speed. Most bike shopa and or mechanics will do it as its not particularly involved (no stripping cabs and messing with jets) Motorcycle masters do it for sure. Apprantly these guys still do carb tuning ,pro-flow motorcycle improvement, they are in Kewdale somewhere (if someone finds out post up cheers) a lot of Harley shop might not do much carb balancing as most carb harleys have a single carb feeding both cylinders. Or look up how to make a water manometer and do it yourself.
              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

I have a carbtune set I bought recently, HotelBushranger, if you are interesting in using it, i'm sure it can be arranged.

Anyone thinking of buying a set, The best price I could find in Aust was from QLD and was around $200 delivered (4 cylinder version) I ordered mine from the distributor in the UK and was almost half that delivered. Got it within a week too.

Comment

hey man. if it's still the GPX250 u have there's a way you can do it yourself. House has done it. He made a vacuum sealed system consisting of 2 empty jager bottles and a couple of pipes you plug in the the carbs i think. The bottles had water in them and when the two levels were equal his carbs had balanced.
                  It worked for his GPX when he had it. The thing he made is only good for a 2 cylinder bike I think. Something like that. I have the apparatus at my house still I think, and you could PM him to ask how it works if you want.

Otherwise I know KTEC can synch them.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                    I have a carbtune set I bought recently, HotelBushranger, if you are interesting in using it, i'm sure it can be arranged.

Anyone thinking of buying a set, The best price I could find in Aust was from QLD and was around $200 delivered (4 cylinder version) I ordered mine from the distributor in the UK and was almost half that delivered. Got it within a week too.

From where???

Comment

www.carbtune.com
                      Cost 65 pound
                      Exchange rate made it $129 our money all up.

Comment

I just bought a set of the 4 round gauge one from the US for around $85.00. Haven't used them yet , will let you know , also bought a auxilliary fuel tank to do them with the tank off.

DJ
                        There are two questions in life.
                        1:Which way do I go
                        2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

I'm buying a pair of VM 32mm's that are jetted for a Honda CB 360, is for the XS 250 project so will need to get it jetted for a 250. Sorry, didn't mean synced.
                          http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Did you buy the Aux tank locally?
                            only ones I can find are about $37 inc freight (in aust though)

Comment

Originally posted by HotelBushranger View Post
                              I'm buying a pair of VM 32mm's that are jetted for a Honda CB 360, is for the XS 250 project so will need to get it jetted for a 250. Sorry, didn't mean synced.
                              Handy thread still

Comment

Working...
                              X