two brothers (not very happy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two brothers (not very happy)

hey all my brother has been modding his 2009 gsxr750 recently and the first upgrades were jardine gp1 slip on and power commander v. He got few hp gains with that and then he decided to go a full system and map it again and it actually lost power 1.2hp or so ??? it sounds better feels better but the same dyno done by a pro says its weaker topend stronger bottom end, ill post charts also .Any thoughts as i gained 3.5hp from a slip on and to see a full system lose power is strange but I was told they were shit for gains by the dyno guy.the two bros map is actually the full system mapping although it says mapped in red its the previous chart its refering to
    Attached Files

It gets better, just wait until they fall apart within 10,000km!
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Full systems aren't going to give you massive gains over stock as a general rule.

They may change characteristics, but yeah, don't expect 10hp from a set of pipes.

Fuck, I think I sacrificed top end on mine going to the full Yoshimura system, but I wanted a single side setup, so there you go.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
        It gets better, just wait until they fall apart within 10,000km!
        You gotta repack them then they wont fall apart

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
          Full systems aren't going to give you massive gains over stock as a general rule.

They may change characteristics, but yeah, don't expect 10hp from a set of pipes.

Fuck, I think I sacrificed top end on mine going to the full Yoshimura system, but I wanted a single side setup, so there you go.
          yeh your right i noticed it was different and my brother also wanted to save weight by getting rid of cat and servo

Comment

Originally posted by nosurrenda View Post
            You gotta repack them then they wont fall apart
            He did repack it.

Then I had the bike. Then it fell apart again.

Then when I went to slap it back together, I saw that it basically fucking disintegrated around the bolts holding the whole thing together.

Pieces of shit. Two Brothers won't get two red cents of mine in future, and I couldn't recommend them to others.
            such comment
            wow
            many post

Comment

This the same manufacturer whose only Perth distributor won't sell power tips unless you bought the exhaust off them too?

Sounds like a great product and a great reseller all around, if it is...
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

that's them CS, they're typical American - looks good, sounds good, put together by rednecks in Kentucky
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

You need another brother to help with the install to get the best out of it. Having one brother helping only gives you half the gains!
                  Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

it sounds better feels better but...
                    Sounds like a good job to me. Do you want a good sounding, good performing bike or some pretty graphs?
                    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

pretty graphs all the way mate, nothing beats whats written down on paper, you can laminate it and show the world!

Comment

were the dyno runs done back to back on the same day after just swapping the exhaust's or did they overlay the new ones on graphs he had on file?
                        Voltron-Evo. https://www.facebook.com/?_rdr=p#!/voltronmotorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                          Maybe not massive but 13 hp gain out of the box from adding a full Graves system on our R1's.

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                            that's them CS, they're typical American - looks good, sounds good, put together by rednecks in Kentucky
                            I think all the rednecks in Kentucky do is pull them out of the shipment from China and put made in America stickers on them.
                            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by pottz View Post
                              were the dyno runs done back to back on the same day after just swapping the exhaust's or did they overlay the new ones on graphs he had on file?
                              first chart was done with jardine slip on pre map then mapped second was done after full system installed but like you mentioned he just used the last slip on as a reference plot then mapped it

Comment

Working...
                              X