Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went for a ride into the country in the rain and wind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for a ride into the country in the rain and wind.

Got sick of the traffic lights and noisy smelly city so went for a ride to the farm today. Nice to be in clean air again on empty remote roads where you can do what you want. 160kmph+ with the panniers on in the heavy rain and wind is no probs with Vee Strom. Then out into the paddocks.....

Awesome pic there, was a nice day for a ride and looks lke ya had fun!

Comment

What's the crop - canola? Great for photos. Where is the farm?
      https://parodieslost.blog/

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Deb View Post
        What's the crop - canola? Great for photos. Where is the farm?
        yep canola..........and that farm could be anyware in the wheatbelt, head out on the toodyay/goomalling rd to goomalling and the bright yellow paddocks are stunning.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Looks great, well setup for the "lets get the hell outta here today " ride

Comment

Hi,
            Yes its in the wheatbelt, location well I will keep that to myself for now:-)
            Crop is indeed Canola, indeed it looks great and the farmers are going to make some $$$ this year.

Its the next day now, on satellite internet and wifi to my laptop, its so so quiet here.
            Town is 30 km away and nearest neighbour is a few km's away.

Comment

Yep, know exactly what ya mean. I got up yesturday and looked at the shitty weather out the window and thought , fuck it, its the weekend and I wanna ride. So off I went in the rain to Toodyay. Coming in to Toodyay it was a whitewash, couldn't see for shit and I thought what the fuck am I doing riding in this? Answer is easy. I was still out on the open roads away from it all, riding my bike, rain or no rain. I had a couple of blue sky moments but basically it rained all the way there, then to Northam, then home but wear the right gear and put up with the limited visability and still makes for a good day out! Yeah I know, I'm nuts.

Comment

I'd forgotten how awesome canola fields looked! Might do York to Toodyay today instead of just Northam.

Comment

Yeh, if you got the right gear on, riding in the rain and cold is no problems. I use a set of Dri riders, no water gets in and I have been in some huge downpours including FNQ rain.

Its so nice here I decided to stay some more....the beauty being self employed.
                  Laptop wifi to the Satellite Internet.:-)

Last edited by Oring; 24-08-2009, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I did a similar thing...went North and didn't turn around til I got to Gingin.

Was good to get away for a few hours.

Comment

Maybe we should hook up and go for a ride one day?

Back in the city now :-( talk about chalk and cheese.
                      Was a quick ride, took a heap of dirt roads, 120kmph on the dirt with the strom is no worries. Twist the gas and look out, its a great all rounder bike with a cool engine. All I do is change the oil every 5000km and lube the chain. Just goes and goes.

Take it out into the paddock is no problems.

Comment

You're a trooper, love ya work! Some great shots there...
                        Originally posted by Koola
                        Someone sig this.

Comment

Hi
                          Well I thought I would go for a ride back to the farm this weekend again.
                          Here is a pic using HDR (High Dynamic Range-technique) done in CS3.

Comment

That is a great pic!

Comment

great colours!

i need to find me some of those locations. they're awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X