Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBF 250 Bolt-On Muffler - What are my options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBF 250 Bolt-On Muffler - What are my options?

*EDIT* Mind moving this to GBT? Didn't mean to post it here. *EDIT*

After two slides on the right-hand side thanks two the previous owner and myself, the exhaust on my cbf250 looks like... well, a severely battered exhaust (like someone's run an anglegrinder along the side, then taken to it with a ball-pein).

I'm not too concerned with looks generally, but this really does make it look cruddier than it needs to.

So I'm wondering what my options are for a new can? OEM is something like 330 bucks, so if I can find something of reasonable quality for a similar price, I might look at that, if only for a change.

I'm a total noob when it comes to exhausts, so I'll try to explain, bear with me: The can bolts straight onto a square mounting plate about a foot from the tip of the exhaust (four bolts), with another bracket supporting the weight of the muffler from the frame.

Any time I've tried to find anything on ebay etc, I get redirected to CBR250 parts etc (I would imagine budget commuters aren't exactly magnets for aftermarket parts).

Might I be able to use a can for a CBR or something similar on my CBF? And if I can find a chromed can that bolts onto the exhaust fine but doesn't bolt onto the frame correctly, would it be feasible to cut the bracket off the old muffler and have it welded onto the new one?

Cheers in advance for any help.
    Last edited by Dragunov-21; 23-08-2009, 03:28 PM.
    Originally posted by Dragunov-21
    If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Try seachn usn cbx or twister as that is the cbf's name oversea's. Im not sure but i thought most of the big names like yoshi and akro did a universal type exhuast (could b very wrong there). Sorry i cant help much
    "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

Hey, it's something to go on, thanks.
      If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

*bump* for desperation (and GBT)

Comment

Roo Racing....

Comment

Is that a local perth mob? Would I just give them a call and ask what they could do and for how much?

And also ~brace~ do they do pipes in not-overly-loud lol?

Comment

Here, PM him and ask him yourself.

Perth Street Bikes - View Profile: Roo Racing

Post up what he has to say about a can for the CBF. maybe some of us other CBF owners around here might be interested as well.

Comment

Measure up your can might be cheaper to resleeve it than replace the whole lot these guys seem to have a fair range. P J Engineering - suppliers of Carbon Fibre Exhaust Tube to the Trade & Retail - Products Page
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
                X