BMW HP2 Sport - Anyone in WA got one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW HP2 Sport - Anyone in WA got one?

I love the look of these bikes and have read elsewhere about how well respected they are.

Has anyone on PSB got one and if so, what's it like on our WA roads / tracks?

Wonder if they'll depreciate slowly....

Cheers,

Marcus.
    "An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."
    Martin Luther King Jr.

2 in perth and 1 will be at the perth bike show...

Comment

I think it will depend on weather the S1000RR BMW becomes the latest and greatest thing to have, if it does they'll drop like stones. If it doesn't they'll hold onto it reasonably well after the inital hit.
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

either way,they are a beauty
        Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Saw one in Toodyay a couple of weeks ago......
          “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

There are very few of them around - I am not sure if BMW are still producing them although they are a MY2009 bike. Totally different to the S1000RR....I don't think one would be cannibalizing too many sales from the other.
            Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
              There are very few of them around - I am not sure if BMW are still producing them although they are a MY2009 bike. Totally different to the S1000RR....I don't think one would be cannibalizing too many sales from the other.
              Whilst they a new I'm sure that will be the case its in the secound hand market it will have more of a impact. Mind you for this to happen the S1000RR has to be something really specail and not just as a good as the other litre inline fours.
              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

The bikes are too different and aimed at different segments I believe, to have any influence on sales of the other either when new or second hand. Ones a quick superbike to bring in new people to the brand and the other is an expensive old twin cylinder thing built to entice some money out of the slightly eccentric who can afford such silliness

One hopped onto the dyno after my 999R and it pumped out 120hp which is pretty decent for a BMW boxer twin. I'm envious of the quickshifter so I'm hunting one down for my bike - the backfires at night are gonna look awesome!

Comment

Bit of a bump - but has anyone ridden one of these?

First thoughts/impressions? Shaft driven on a motar sounds a bit wierd, but BMW dont usually make shit......

According the BMW website it pumps out 133 BHP and weighs in at only 173 kg dry- not too shabby....

Comment

Yeah naah, they can pump out shit. I haven't ridden one of those HP2 sport ones but a normal one and it was okay in a non-threatening "rubbery" kind of way.

Comment

Working...
                    X