Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost killed yesterday (Police did SFA as always)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost killed yesterday (Police did SFA as always)

HI Folks,

Yesterday I was traveling on Erindale heading south when a bogan in a V8 Ute (complete with pig dog) pulled out and I was almost forced into the median strip. I gave him a toot and a finger.

Then he didn't like that so he decided to try and run me over from behind. I then zig zaged through a few cars then he tried to sideswipe me again from the side trying to force me into the gutter.

I then nailed it and got away.

As I had missed my turnoff I turned around and went back. Then I saw him pulled over on the side of the road by the Police.

Thank fuck I thought so I pulled over and told them what happened.

The cops we saw him almost hit you and he will get a fine for failing to give way.

I asked about the rest, and they said well we never saw that we thought you were just racing! So despite my protests and willingness to give a statement on what happened they only charged him with failing to give way!

What ever happened to confiscating the car for road rage or hooning? They even admitted they had to do high speed to catch up with him (I had to do 200+ to get away from him) and yet they wont ping him for anything.

Why is it cops are so keen to charge us for speeding based on visual only and charge us for section 60 based on 2 bike accelerating hard side by side, yet they wont even touch this guy.

It is worth trying to take this further with Senior SGT?

(P.S I was given a warning for the finger and made to feel like its was my fault for someone trying to use their car to run me off the road.).
    You put the c*nt in country run

At least they did something
    Warning: The above post was probably written while under the influence.

Comment

As much as it sucks, I wouldn't bother. You appealed to the Bogan's sensitive side with the finger, he probably felt all arsehurt and took offense, failing to remember that only minutes earlier he almost killed another fellow human being.

When I got rear ended the other day a marked divi van came past, I signalled for them to stop, they decided to look out the other window and drive on, then the same a moment later with an unmarked car. Fuck 'em they're not interested.

Had you told them he pointed a gun at you, things may have been different. That might have interested them. Not suggesting reporting a falsehood, as that would be a genuine waste of resources. Bit like cops having to deal with bogan drivers.

Glad you're alive though.
      Originally posted by Abuse this
      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

If you put In an official complaint they HAVE to act on It.
        Farrider #41
        I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings,
        I'm a drunk, I go to parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
          I asked about the rest, and they said well we never saw that we thought you were just racing!
          "Thanks for being a good sport and coming back! Here's your s 60 summons. Oi Johnno - ring Dave and check whether there's room on the tray for this bike as well."
          "Righto Sarge."
          Originally posted by Melkor
          The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Thats fucked man. What did the idiot in the ute say when he saw you? I woulda smacked him in the head, it would have been worth an assult charge.

Comment

I'd lodge a complaint about the driver of the ute, referring in your complaint to the fact that he will already be on file. If they don't deal adequately with that, then you can lodge a complaint about what they did (or didn't) do.
              "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

That's complete and utter crap, at least he got fined. Too bad they didn't see the whole incident as it happend, he would have gotten nailed big time lol

I'd class something like that as BULS%*^, trying to literally run someone riding a bike off the road? that's stupid. Hate people that have no respect for people riding bikes, i've also stopped trying to hit anyone riding a bike in GTA IV

Comment

make an official complaint about their failure to prosecute a crime happening right in front of them, word it along the lines of that you were being physically threatened on the road and you were ignored by police that witnessed the event
                  Cheers,
                  Mikey

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                  you've never been lost until you've been lost at 200km/h

Comment

Agree that it sucks mate, but they are two coppers in a car, you are one bloke on a bike. There are more of them, and with any other witnesses it will lapse.

Better idea, get his rego, find his address by nefarious means :phear: and, well, take appropriate action I guess.

Just a thought
                    Dead Man's Hand
                    Internationational Porter Protection Group
                    Just call me Pat

Comment

Originally posted by mikey_R6 View Post
                      make an official complaint about their failure to prosecute a crime happening right in front of them, word it along the lines of that you were being physically threatened on the road and you were ignored by police that witnessed the event
                      I'd go with this^^

Explain to the local Sen. Sgt (or whoever) exactly what happened, without being overly dramatic. Tell him that you explained the situation to the attendant police - that your speed was necessitated by him literally trying to kill you, and that what they cops thought was racing was actually evasive action - and were fobbed off.

If they actually thought you were racing, they would have reamed you, instead of just issuing him a failure to give way. Depending on the sgt's attitude, you may want to mention this.

Whatever you decide to do/not do, that fucking blows, man, glad you're ok.
                      Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                      If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

glad you're ok rob, put in a formal complaint

Dubs

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Pat View Post
                          Agree that it sucks mate, but they are two coppers in a car, you are one bloke on a bike. There are more of them, and with any other witnesses it will lapse.

Better idea, get his rego, find his address by nefarious means :phear: and, well, take appropriate action I guess.

Just a thought
                          This is the better idea
                          You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

I know its messed up but I am glad they didnt decide to fine you too for gasing it to get away from him.

Comment

Agree with above, put in a "formal written" complaint, it must be investigated, if you still aren't happy go up the ladder or contact the CCC What he did was effectively "attempted murder" and at the very least attempted assault
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X