Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bike Request

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bike Request

    I have been riding on a LNR licence since March when I got my ZX2r (go out a lot with my dad). I did 6 lessons with Alert driving school in Bayswater on their Honda CB250.

    I did a test in May on my bike. Simply put, I royally fucked it up (U-turns). The assessor said I should use the riding schools bike as it is easier to U-turn. I figured I should really be able to pass the test on my bike if I’m going to be riding my bike.

    I did the learner ride yesterday using my bike. Did the u-turns on my bike and I was shit – got my hands locked up against the tank and lose balance. I jumped on Brett’s (great guy btw) bike, a Suzuki GN250, and it was piss easy. Like it was a joke how easy it was in comparison.

    I have a test this Wednesday at 7:55am at City West. My request, is there anyone that can rent to me a bike similar to a Suzuki GN250 or Honda CB250 for Tuesday and Wednesday? Or, do you know anyone who I could ask (other instructors, etc)?

    I can’t use Brett’s as he is flying up North and I have contacted Alert this morning, but so far it looks as if they won’t have anyone free.

    So yeah, I’m not asking for charity, I will be more then happy to compensate for the use of a bike and take full responsibility for the bike (I brake it, I bought it).

    Arg
    Originally posted by Roger Explosion
    Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

  • #2
    You need more practice on your bike then.
    No point passing the test on something else and not being good enough on yours.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Argon View Post
      I have been riding on a LNR licence since March when I got my ZX2r (go out a lot with my dad). I did 6 lessons with Alert driving school in Bayswater on their Honda CB250.

      I did a test in May on my bike. Simply put, I royally fucked it up (U-turns). The assessor said I should use the riding schools bike as it is easier to U-turn. I figured I should really be able to pass the test on my bike if I’m going to be riding my bike.

      I did the learner ride yesterday using my bike. Did the u-turns on my bike and I was shit – got my hands locked up against the tank and lose balance. I jumped on Brett’s (great guy btw) bike, a Suzuki GN250, and it was piss easy. Like it was a joke how easy it was in comparison.

      I have a test this Wednesday at 7:55am at City West. My request, is there anyone that can rent to me a bike similar to a Suzuki GN250 or Honda CB250 for Tuesday and Wednesday? Or, do you know anyone who I could ask (other instructors, etc)?

      I can’t use Brett’s as he is flying up North and I have contacted Alert this morning, but so far it looks as if they won’t have anyone free.

      So yeah, I’m not asking for charity, I will be more then happy to compensate for the use of a bike and take full responsibility for the bike (I brake it, I bought it).

      Arg
      Contact the MRAWA mrawa.org
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

      Comment


      • #4
        ^^^ WHS.. more precisely..

        MRAWA :: The Loaner
        .

        Originally posted by HotelBushranger
        Talked to some chick today at the village that rides a GPX 250. Wasn't very friendly though, must have crabs.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cocksnogger4 View Post
          You need more practice on your bike then.
          No point passing the test on something else and not being good enough on yours.
          I see where you are coming from man. And it was certainly my intention until yesterday. I can do the U-turns on my bike, just not every time. And I don't really get much practice on my bike doing them as a LNR.

          My POV now is, if I fail this test I might not be able to get another one for a few months (with work and all). So for the sake of not having to wait a few months, having to pay for another test and having a licence now so that I can practice in my own time instead of others, I feel it would be better to do the test on an easier bike.
          Originally posted by Roger Explosion
          Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks Nero and Shui, I'll check it out.

            Edit: Looks like a no go
            Last edited by Argon; 24-08-2009, 01:26 PM.
            Originally posted by Roger Explosion
            Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

            Comment


            • #7
              i passed my test on the zx2r dude. Just practice all the time. Its possible if you can get the clutch, rear break and throttle all balanced for the u turns.
              :aus-salute: Yer thats ULTIMATE :aus-salute:

              Originally Posted by lobes89 View Post
              Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

              Comment


              • #8
                Try elite motorcycle training. If they're free then they got a scorpio thats really easy to ride. Although the easier the bike, the more the assesor will expect from you
                Posted via Mobile Device

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for the help gents, got it sorted.
                  Originally posted by Roger Explosion
                  Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Argon View Post
                    I see where you are coming from man. And it was certainly my intention until yesterday. I can do the U-turns on my bike, just not every time. And I don't really get much practice on my bike doing them as a LNR.
                    You got any carparks next to your house?

                    I used head to my local carpark (just down the road) during my leaners to practice U turns and small speed controlling.

                    This was with the ZZR, I managed to get extremly good at it that both my assessor and instructor were suprised in how tight I could do them with a ZZR witch doesn't have the best turn radious either. It is all about practice really.


                    You can do it mate

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ^^ great to hear..all the best hey..
                      .

                      Originally posted by HotelBushranger
                      Talked to some chick today at the village that rides a GPX 250. Wasn't very friendly though, must have crabs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I know where you coming from i done my re on Across and my R on zx6r. The only thing you can do is practise and also ask the instructor to take you on a wider road to do your O turns

                        Good luck

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X