Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Bikes in W.A.

Dear All on PSB,

I have a very nice Triumph Daytona 955i 99 with less than 30,000 on the clock...

I have reduced it down by $1500 to $7,250 & in 4 months I have had 2 phone calls.

My only chance of selling it is to wholesale it to Dale Britten for maybe $6,000 if I'm lucky !!!

What is going on in Perth ?

Any thoughts on what else I can do...? (insurance job has crossed my mind Ha HA)

It's a bad time of year to sell. Give it a couple of months and you might have better luck.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Your price is too high.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
        Your price is too high.
        agreed
        before you start getting narky you asked opinions of whats up in perth so there you go plain and simple
        Originally posted by Lefty
        Wouldn't be like me to upset the herd.

Comment

Pretty small market for a 99 english "superbike" that fell short of the mark unfortunately.

I love the original 955 daytona, I hope triumph has another contender one day.

Comment

bikes arent selling easy at the moment i have noticed. Which suits me, the buyer, just fine

Comment

We have a 98 ZX6R for sale atm as well, which is taking ages to sell but sooner or later someone will want to step up to a cheap 600 while they save for their dream bike.

You either wait it out or, reduce your price if you don't want to take the $6k

Comment

There's one for sale already at the Dale britten and other dealers side close to the bridge!
                We are all in the same boat and patience is the key or make it a bargain!
                Now ,.. if it was a 2 stroke............then......

Comment

To be honest, it's more a sports bike issue. They're more of a luxury purchase. When the money gets tight, the luxury purchases are the first things to be cut back.

Comment

7 grand for a 10 year old bike? with economic conditions like this?

You can buy a brand new 2009 model Sprint 1050 for about 15...

Sure it sucks that you're losing money on it, but bike values do plummet with age... no doubt i'd be lucky to get anywhere near 10 for my 07 model bike...
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

What would be a realistic price for this bike? 5.5k?

Comment

^^ good question, but I guess the answer is "whatever the market will support"

clearly, if its not selling for the asking price, then the price is too high for the current market conditions....

That said...
                        I just don't see ~ 50% of new bike price for something that is 10 years old being in the ballpark (considering that most bikes seem to lose ~30% of their value within 2-3 years)... its not like it's a CBR250RR or anything..

You could likely buy something (same/similar model) 7 years newer for maybe 2 grand more... this is certainly what i'd be doing if i was looking for a secondhand bike, and I'm guessing i'm not alone...

of course, maybe i'm talking out of my arse. but, it hasn't sold....
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I think 7k is reasonable, just seems to be a bad time to sell. If I had the money I would consider it
                          http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Thanku Bushranger,

JCS have the same model for sale at $8,500

But a bike doing less that 3,000kms/year barely ridden in..

I wasn't knocking Perth, I love it here...

Comment

if you had advertised in about 5 months time when i sell my bike i would have snapped up a 955i for 7250

Comment

Working...
                              X