Hated on for a Road/Trail? =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hated on for a Road/Trail? =(

Hi I've bought a Yamaha XT225 road/trail which I've done a bit on work on to get me started riding. Paid $1200 for the bike a year ago now and just taken it offroad while I have been working on it. I have just managed to finish it and am waiting on the indicator assembly before I can come on cruises.

I just wanted to know if I am going to get hated on for rocking up on a road/trail! I figure there is no point getting a decent bike just yet. The day I get my R-E licence I'll go get something nice. I have had a year (In which about 15x I have ridden it on the weekend in Gnangara/Two Rocks/Ellenbrook) of learning on it, so I can handle it decently =)
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by darkfibre
    Just sync the oil changes with her monthly cycle and get all the grumpyness over with, leaving the rest of the month clear sailing.

Not at all mate - different tastes for different people

Look forward to meeting you on a ride soon.

Cheers
    Originally posted by Semi
    I ride slowly because I'm a massive faggot.

Comment

Hey mate, I ride a road/trail as well, I can't imagine that ever being a problem.

Despite the number of sportsbike riders here, it is PerthStreetBikes, not PerthSportsBikes.

As long as you're a safe rider and willing to listen/learn, you wont have any trouble on the learner rides.
      Originally posted by Amac
      suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

When you say "when I get my R-E" you really mean "when I get my R" right?
        Find me on Instagram

Comment

^either that or he gets shadowed ?

Comment

Oh yes, there's that too.
            Find me on Instagram

Comment

lol Orson! My sister lives in Sydney and I'm thinking about cheating and getting my licence over there and coming back and getting a new GS500F. I'm just under 100kgs, the 250 is really small and crappy! CBR250RR will probably be the best to get though from what I have ready about them. I rode a newer XT225 and a Scorpio at the driving school and they were both pieces of crap. So bad I didn't want to go back until my bike was fixed.

Melchoir: I will always respect bikes... I am really into modified cars and currently putting an LS1 into my bimmer. I know how many accidents happen and don't drive like an idiot on the street. I have 12 points on my licence! That's another reason I went road/trail. First I got a racer for a year and got good again on that, then now road/trail and I can thrash that crazy out in the bush and now just bought a BMX so I can practice at the skate park and maybe start getting into some more serious stuff offroad when I upgrade to a Husaberg 570FE as my offroader next year.

I just get 0-speedlimit fast! (In my car, no such thing as fast on the XT!) I am at home all day now setting up two businesses (one doing vehicle audio/entertainment equipment - which is taking forever but thats ok, and the other is roof insulation installation - which I'll be fully qualified in two weeks). As soon as I get my R-E licence I'll be riding my new bike everywhere for over 3 months. (Car project will start).
              Just sync the oil changes with her monthly cycle and get all the grumpyness over with, leaving the rest of the month clear sailing.

Comment

doing my R lessons on a gs500F. My old cbr250rr is a lot quicker. But these days, i prob wouldnt reccomend one of those either.

Comment

^thought yov had a good run with yours
                  Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

i had a wr250 as my r-e bike.

just do a wheelie and you will fit right in
                    As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Pretty hard to do a wheelie and maintain it for any period on my XT225 LOL I prefer both wheels on the ground with that thing. The cornering is absolutely terrible with the knoblies. I have to get road tyres fitted soon. In the weather they will be fine though. Keep me upright and I can plough through bush or shortcuts.

My friend's '93 GSX-R 750 was a different story. That bike suits me perfectly. It's perfect weight and perfect power. Just the handling sucks because I'm not use to larger bikes yet. But anyway I hardly rode it anywhere... just around the cul-de-sac and up the street and back (in the bushland... um, private road, yea...) so I didn't get much time to really get use to it.

Comment

Originally posted by bobinatcat View Post
                        ^thought yov had a good run with yours
                        Posted via Mobile Device
                        I did. They are brilliant bikes. Just expensive and not worth it for a year really. When you look hard into R class bikes, you can get quite a bit for your 6k or not much more.
                        I might be wising up or getting old. ^_^

Comment

There's shitloads of discussion on dual sport tyres around the place Serow, check out advrider, thumpertalk and other forums like that.

Just in case you wanted the light offroad option, rather than a 100% street tyre. No good for any serious offroad though.
                          Originally posted by Amac
                          suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Yes, you will get hated on. This is Perth Street Bikes, not Perth Street/trail bikes. [/sarcasm]

Road trails are amusing bikes, the smaller ones aren't the best on road commuters, mind.

Comment

A bike is a bike
                              welcome and see you on a ride soon

Comment

Working...
                              X