Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicator problem easy fix or not?

Hey guys

Just thought I'd ask the question on here before I pay out to get the problem fixed. When I flick on my right indicator it doesn't seem to want to work. The left indicators work fine. If i flick the switch to the right several times, sometimes they start flash and then stop. Sometimes it works great. I'm wondering whether it's something simple like a flasher unit replacement, or if I need to call in the experts.

Ta

if you arnt busy in the mornings and cant pull it apart your self i can show you how to fix it.
    More than likely old/dirty contacts in the switch.

im in cannington so its a bit of a trek but im here till 11 30
    IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Thanks mate.

The bike is 10 years old, so, maybe old/dirty.

I think I'll try spraying some switch cleaning fluid in there and seeing if this helps. Otherwise, i'll take you up on your offer.

Comment

that might work as a quick fix, see how you go.

drop me a pm if you need a hand. i have all the tools and am a mechanic.
        IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
          that might work as a quick fix, see how you go.

drop me a pm if you need a hand. i have all the tools and am a mechanic.

Thanks again mate. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Comment

check one of the connections isn't loose/corroded - on my RGV, they won't flash if they're not all plugged in and working (for that particular side).

eg, one left light unplugged = other left light will just light and stay lit...
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

So far so good. I sprayed switch cleaner into the handlebar switch. Took off the cover and found the flasher unit, and made sure everything was connected properly. Give it a quick spray up and went for a ride.

Indicators worked first time every time

Comment

Working...
              X