X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 175km/h on a Dirt Track

... on a CR125 two stroke maybe also?

wtf...
    "I HAVE FOOTAGE THROUGH BUSH TRACKS AT 175 KPH AND IT IS CLEARER THAN MY EYES CAN SEE."
    Dude trying to sell a Sony camera on ebay. It's cheap, but wtf 175km/h on dirt? That's just not do-able, surely? Well it might be on a 690 or something crazy I dont know, but not if you like living.

HELMET CAM 520 TV LINE SONY CCD - eBay, Other Accessories, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Aug-09 15:24:02 AEST)

Sorry if you are on these forums LOL.
    Originally posted by darkfibre
    Just sync the oil changes with her monthly cycle and get all the grumpyness over with, leaving the rest of the month clear sailing.

Puff

the Magic Dragon
    Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

My KTM does 175 on dirt...

I've been over 200 on gravel on a sportsbike...

Comment

125 2 stroke going that fast? Seller might have his hand on the throttle there I think.

Possible on tar maybe, but would need big gearing change - dont think the standard rear hub will go below 37 teeth. Would need drive ratios etc of gearbox etc.
        Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          My KTM does 175 on dirt...

I've been over 200 on gravel on a sportsbike...
          So?

I've done 450kph.....One handed.....on a scooter...
          You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

It is possible....but the gearing has to be changed. the 125 do about 130kph outa the box. I've had my YZ250 at 200kph (on the gps) on gravel (Its a yz250wr ltd ed with wide ratio box, but i still had to put a huge sprocket on the front and had to grind the crank case guard to fit it, and obviously go down on the rear) It was a scary experiance, the shrouds bolts undid/loosened from the rad mounts, the front mudgaurd flipped under the trye and was pointing backwards, backing off was the scary part. I have footage somewhere but not helmet cam

Comment

Originally posted by MIK View Post
              It is possible....but the gearing has to be changed. the 125 do about 130kph outa the box. I've had my YZ250 at 200kph (on the gps) on gravel (Its a yz250wr ltd ed with wide ratio box, but i still had to put a huge sprocket on the front and had to grind the crank case guard to fit it, and obviously go down on the rear) It was a scary experiance, the shrouds bolts undid/loosened from the rad mounts, the front mudgaurd flipped under the trye and was pointing backwards, backing off was the scary part. I have footage somewhere but not helmet cam
              Ummm... Why?

Comment

Nononono He didn't say 125 lol I was taking the piss. He just said 175km/h on a dirt track. I have been 120km/h in cars on limestone tracks before (I use to live in Gingin and drive down Military road everyday to work in Carabooda when it was all still limestone and sand track) and the back end just keeps slipping around.

I can get up to around 80/90kmh.. maybe 100 on my bike on the dirt, but that's bloody scary. 175 is just mental. If you hit something your screwed!...
                Originally posted by darkfibre
                Just sync the oil changes with her monthly cycle and get all the grumpyness over with, leaving the rest of the month clear sailing.

Comment

Havent you seen the end of biker boys?

They race a busa and a zx-12 down a dirt road. Ultra realistic.
                  My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by Busson View Post
                    Ummm... Why?
                    why not?

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
                      Havent you seen the end of biker boys?

They race a busa and a zx-12 down a dirt road. Ultra realistic.
                      They were riding Bridgestones, maybe this guy has Bridgestones on his 125?
                      Couldn't do that with Pilots

Comment

Originally posted by SEROW View Post
                        I can get up to around 80/90kmh.. maybe 100 on my bike on the dirt, but that's bloody scary. 175 is just mental. If you hit something your screwed!...
                        It gets better faster. cornering is the fun bit.

But then you have an xt...
                        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Your XT wouldn't like 175, but a dakar style bike will do 175 comfortably in open offroad terrain.

Standard gearing on an enduro bike will do ~140 on open gravel roads/ hard beaches etc. I do this speed and the bike feels fine (WR250F)

Comment

Have done 150+ on gravel on a sports bike, somewhat sideways (didn't realise it was loose bitumen until pulling out to over-take down in Denmark, bike stepped out in third gear... brown trowsers a bit..).

If the dirt is flat enough i don't see why it couldn't be done on a dirt bike, on dirt. The gyro effect of the wheels will help keep the bike pretty straight
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

If you have a good dirt bike you can go very fast without any issues at all. I have probably only been to around 130 on gravel because my bike was maxed out, but I have seen others doing similar speeds on fairly heavily potholed limestone track without any issues at all. They just skimmed over the top of all the holes. On corners it can be a bit tricky if there are bumps and the like, but if it is fairly flat its all good. If the back steps out you just hold the throttle, steer into the slide and go sideways around the corner in the same way you do on slower corners.

Bernie says "think before you drive bribe"

Comment

Working...
                              X