fluorescent Jackets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fluorescent Jackets...

Well, had my first bike for 4 days i almost got killed today by someone turning into a street from a junction. Emergancy brakes, new tyres (I'm careful at junctions in general too) saved me today.

I pulled them over, and excuse was I didn't see you. Poor guy was shacking though.

Anyways, now i think fluorescent clothing are cool, they are hip and sleak, and i will be buying one

Just wanted to share that.

If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by Semi View Post
      llol be nice

Comment

by PSB standards, that was practically a hug
        Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

dont think of it as them trying to hit you, they were trying to hit the hyo
          Originally posted by polonY
          Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
            dont think of it as them trying to hit you, they were trying to hit the hyo
            lol hey, leave my hyo alone

i'm happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
              by PSB standards, that was practically a hug
              Haha, There there

Comment

I did the bright vesty thing when I was new to riding. Cant remember why or when I stopped!!!
                while riding home today ... I spotted a person on the freeway.... on their bike...in the middle of the day...with the sun out....with the bright fluoro vest on.
                They were obvious as and stuck out like dogs...thingys...
                I just reckon any behaviour that keeps us safe... is a good thing...

Comment

Originally posted by nin-jetblack 2 View Post
                  I did the bright vesty thing when I was new to riding. Cant remember why or when I stopped!!!
                  while riding home today ... I spotted a person on the freeway.... on their bike...in the middle of the day...with the sun out....with the bright fluoro vest on.
                  They were obvious as and stuck out like dogs...thingys...
                  I just reckon any behaviour that keeps us safe... is a good thing...
                  Agree!!

Comment

I nearly got run over by a lovely young man who decided not to give way at a roundabout....on my first ever ride on my bike. For the rest of the time I was learning, I always wore a bright yellow or orange vest.

Now I wear black.... and ride like no one can see me anway.

Comment

If my Dririder came in Fluoro - I'd probably do it, but the vests disappear a fair bit with a back-pack...

Comment

It's simple. Ride like no-one can see you.

Even if you wear a bright flouro jacket with a yellow helmet and paint your bike in bright orange, some idiot will still be playing with their wang or texting their mate and turn in front of you or cut you off causing a near-miss or worse cause you to have an off.

Just don't put yourself into a false sense of confidence because you decide to dress like a lollipop man or start preaching safety gear to everyone.

my 2c.
                        Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                        Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

the jackets, they do nothing!
                          Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Yes, they can help sometimes, when the driver is already looking out for you.

But when they aren't, it can give you a false sense of security. Assume they don't see you and things will go much more smoothly
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Now I wear black.... and ride like no one can see me anway.[/QUOTE]

NAH! Its coz you look kool in black

obviously thats why I ride a black bike and wear a black jacket and gloves...oh!!! and I am black.. he he he...though my baby says...no mummy, you are brown

Comment

Working...
                              X