Bike wouldnt start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike wouldnt start

Hi, Done a search but couldn’t answer my question.
    My Suzuki GSX250s would not start yesterday. It’s been running just fine before. I had not started for a week and when I went to start it, it just back fired a couple of times and would not go, then the battery went flat. The choke was not on, so i don’t think its flooded.
    Any suggestions?

Fully charge the battery, check fuel level, check fuel tap position.
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Welcome to PSB. Go buy a new battery.

Comment

^^ what they said.

if it rank out of crank without going for a minute or two then the battery is fucked. replace...

either that or just out of charge, but they really should last longer than a week without use unless you have electrical problems.

take it with you when you go to buy a new one and the battery place (battery world, for example) can test it and confirm that yes its fucked.
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Thanks Guys.
          I will sort out the battery and let you know if it all works!

Comment

Most batteries dont have full charge on cold mornings. Especially if they are on their way out.

Use a trickle charger.
            You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Working...
            X