Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears

Quick question, might sound retarded but my memory shat itself somewhere in the past week lol.

The bike wont roll in first, but it will roll in neutral and above right? Like, i cant check to see wether the bike is in 2nd or higher by just rolling so it clicks in? I had to bend the gear lever back out a little bit, stuck it back on, now i dunno if it is registering as being in gear lol....

I'll try again, but otherwise i dunno.....
    Success is nothing more then taking advantage of an opportunity.

Um, what, lol.
    lol.

Comment

perhaps you could rephrase your question a little bit?

Comment

Laugh with the n00b, laughing at the n00b is considered poor form

So wolfy, is your neutral light working properly?
        The bike won't roll in second, or any other gear.
        Kwakas have a thing where when you are not moving you can only select first or neutral, this is to make it easier so you don't go past neutral and put it into second.
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
          Laugh with the n00b, laughing at the n00b is considered poor form

So wolfy, is your neutral light working properly?
          The bike won't roll in second, or any other gear.
          Kwakas have a thing where when you are not moving you can only select first or neutral, this is to make it easier so you don't go past neutral and put it into second.
          Ah thanks man, yeh the neutral lights working, and it looks like it wants to change up but then stays so i was like I tried rolling it into 2nd but no luck so i guess, from what your saying, is that when it's running it will change? Hope so....

I thought i fucked it lol

To everyone else, contribute something instead of just laughing. Actually, theres a nice bridge across the kwinana near me, wanna go jump off it?

Comment

well i don't know about u guise but i certainly like learned something

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy_9005 View Post
              Quick question, might sound retarded but my memory shat itself somewhere in the past week lol.

The bike wont roll in first, but it will roll in neutral and above right? Like, i cant check to see wether the bike is in 2nd or higher by just rolling so it clicks in? I had to bend the gear lever back out a little bit, stuck it back on, now i dunno if it is registering as being in gear lol....

I'll try again, but otherwise i dunno.....
              I read that 3 times and still dont understand what you mean ? very confusing mate so just try to explain in a little more detail and just ask questions in order one by one so we keep a track of where we are

Comment

oh man, you guys are funny bastards. hehe

Wolfy, dude... Did you have a crash and want to check everything works? Are you just trying to change gears without the bike running? Have you taken it for a spin?
                You need to be a bit clearer. That's why people are having a dig.
                Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

This brings to mind the unfortunate incident in Tassie where the young guy took the keys out of the ignition to save petrol :mellow:

I would have hope that your riding instructor actually explained how a bike works before taking you out on the road and letting you loose

Go and do one of Elites (?) motorcycle maintenance courses for prosterity

Comment

Gearbox works best when engine is running.

Even then things won't always line up and click easily so try a or b, never force OK

a) you have the clutch in already when trying to change gear yeh? release clutch to friction point then re clutch and try shifting again

b) roll bike forward/backward and shifter should might now shift, engine doesn't need to be running but is best

So noob is that helping you? tis as simple as I can get, good luck!

Comment

Thread sanitised. Behave now mmk?

Comment

Yeh, i cant go test it cause i dont have my licence k? If i could take it for a spin i woulda solved this problem myself.....im not that retarded.....maybe a little bit.

Comment

the bike won't roll in any gear (without the clutch in) without trying to turn the engine.

in first gear, the resistance from the motor's compression will be a lot. in second, less, and third, even less, etc.

it will also roll further in higher gears in between compression strokes - so it might feel like its "rolling" in higher gears, but if you push it far enough you'll feel the resistance.
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Must. Resist. Temptation. To. Dribble. Off. Topic. Shit. In. Your. Thread.
                            Last edited by Shortfuse; 29-08-2009, 05:44 PM.
                            It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

Buy a scooter?
                              Can you help with foster care?
                              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Working...
                              X