• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots WA

Anyone here a member?
    aka Matt
    RB 2 11

What are they?
    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Isn't it an ex cop circle jerk?

Comment

ex service men and wimmin ,dude

Comment

Ah, apologies.

Comment

Official Website of Patriots Australia Inc

i think they organise one of the big yearly charity poker runs ????

Comment

Originally posted by perdition View Post
              ex service men and wimmin ,dude
              and current servicemen also.

Comment

Not a member but this has re-newed my interest in them, might give them another shuftie.

I'll also ask as many of you to sign the petition off their website asking for ADF members serving for 20 years or more to get a proper pension:
                Return the Pension to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) Petition
                http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Not a member, but been on a charity ride with the local (Mandurah) branch. They all rode their Harleys, and were a friendly bunch. They said that I was welcome at their clubrooms anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelBushranger View Post
                    Not a member but this has re-newed my interest in them, might give them another shuftie.

I'll also ask as many of you to sign the petition off their website asking for ADF members serving for 20 years or more to get a proper pension:
                    Return the Pension to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) Petition
                    Hey Bushranger,

with regards to the DFRDB Vs MSBS thing, service personnel were given the option of choosing between the two (during the changeover), and it was spelled out that DRFDB was a pension and MSBS was a lump sum collection after 65.

Very few of us chose to stay with DFRDB, most opting for what they saw as a greater financial benefit, a number of my workmates and I chose DFRDB, and as we are now Retired from the Service we are collecting a small pension.

Those that joined before 1991 had the option, and complaining about it afterwards is pointless, as they did have a choice.

With regards to anyone joining post 1991, whilst I think the pension option should never have been removed, they signed up under the conditions and remunerations of the time, it was a choice they made.
                    Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

Thanks guys - I had a look at their website before posting this. Will give one of the contacts a call today.

The DFRDB Vs MSBS petition I glanced at but, as Gryph said, it was a choice we made. I'm going to have a closer look when time permits.

Of course the only people to get a pension before 65 these days, besides the Totally & Permanently Incapacitated, are the Pollies who've awarded themselves a pension after two terms. News bulletin here.
                      aka Matt
                      RB 2 11

Comment

Dunno they used to hang out a bit in Freo with the rest that tended to gather there at the old food court they struck me as a bit wannabe (scarily I'm probally elegible to join but then again I can join the RSL if I wish and I haven't done that either). They liked their cruisers and chrome probally a nice enough bunch of people I think it was when someone was moaning that kids of today can't going into a corner posted at XX speed at 2timesXX speed and expect to go around it. I bit my tongue as what he described is what I think is a fair and reasonable thing to do.

If you want to join a club for insurance pourposes I suggest the MRA as its very cheap ($60 for three years) they will accept anyone no matter you age or type of bike you ride and there is no stupidity around the joining process.
                        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

they have clubrooms way south these days, if you need a contact number for a member, send me a pm.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

I met a man in the Patriots whilst at Mach 1 Kawasaki in Midland, and I'm sure he had a Kwaka? I could be mistaken... Are you sure they only ride Harleys, Mungus?

He was a friendly old man and said me and my Dad were welcome at the club for a visit or ride anytime (Dad is ex-RAAF). Bograt, are you a Patriots WA rider yourself?
                            https://parodieslost.blog/

Comment

I have a mate in it and they primarily ride Harley's but any bike is welcome.

DJ
                              There are two questions in life.
                              1:Which way do I go
                              2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

Working...
                              X