The Helmet at the Petrol Station Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Helmet at the Petrol Station Conundrum

Whilst I will comply with the requirement to hop off when fueling, having seen the kind of mess it can result in, I will drop the hose and f-off if the attendent hops on the speaker and asks me to take off my helmet just to turn on the pump.
    It will be off before I walk inside, but unless they are going to provide nice, CLEAN shelves at each pump, they will not get my business.
    But until the station provides a safe place for me to put my helmet, i'll leave it on when filling. I don't realy fancy my $1200 lid hitting the deck because I'm trying to juggle the pump and my helmet.
    My gripe is if i have to hold my helmet in 1 hand and pump with the other i have more chance of spilling fuel onto hot bike bits which could equal fire.

Also you wouldnt put ur helmet on the ground coz any fuel spilt could dissolve the polystyrene in the helmet, not to mention dirty up the lining. And most servos dont have a suitable shelf/ spot to place a helmet. Not all bikes allow you to hang it off a mirror etc. I'd also keep or put my visor down for the begining of a pump particulary into and empty tank. Mitos have theis habit of back flushing fuel out of the hole into your face and i learnt quickly particularly with high flow pumps.
    :eatatthey:

^_^

Thankyou.

Comment

i want a mohawk on my helmet!
      Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
      Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Bendito is my hero.

Comment

Some interesting ideas there, i have always put my helmet on my right mirror as Shown in your third pick and I have never had a problem.

Well done Benny for teaching some sense to the grubs.
          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

And Bendito scores!!! rarghhhhhhhh the crowd goes wild!!!!

ps. lol

Comment

Just noticed my afro is still pokin out that high up ^_^

The other one I used to do on the GPX was bars on full left lock, lid on right bar. Doesn't work with big wide fairings though

Comment

Wow you have a tiny carport!

Comment

You sir, are owed a beer from me

Comment

Comment

But what if my helmet falls off the seat/peg/mirror/tank/hook? Do you think it would still be ok to use? Would the fuel station be liable because they didn't provide adequate helmet storage areas?
                      Feels good man.

Comment

Originally posted by Harro View Post
                        Wow you have a tiny carport!
                        Are you hitting on me???

Tis a smallish two-car garage

Comment

Originally posted by esquire View Post
                          But what if my helmet falls off the seat/peg/mirror/tank/hook? Do you think it would still be ok to use? Would the fuel station be liable because they didn't provide adequate helmet storage areas?
                          That's up to the judge...

SUE!!! :eatatthey:

Comment

Originally posted by Bendito View Post
                            That's up to the judge...

SUE!!! :eatatthey:
                            Can you give me some legal advice? Should I get a lawyer or will I be ok on my own?
                            Feels good man.

Comment

I never use a lawyer if I go to court for anything... just represent yourself if you have a brain and know whats going on. If you like shiny things and are rich, or going to go to jail for something stick with a lawyer!
                              Originally posted by darkfibre
                              Just sync the oil changes with her monthly cycle and get all the grumpyness over with, leaving the rest of the month clear sailing.

Comment

Working...
                              X