The Awesome For Sale Ads Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Awesome For Sale Ads Thread

We've all seen the ones on Ebay/BikeSales/BikePoint/PSB where the ad makes a gripping read or the seller seems to be on a different planet...

I give you my favourite one for the week.

This lady/gent is trying to sell a GT250R. Can't blame them after reading through this ad...

For sale is one red Hyosung GT250R. It was bought in March/April 2008 and has been regularly serviced. Less than 10,000km on the clock.

Bought it originally to commute between home (South Perth) and the CBD so nearly all k's put on it were between 0~60km/hr. The bike is pretty much stock with the exception of a custom exhaust (Howler - sounds awesome) and a Ventura luggage rack. Happy to throw the bag in with the bike - you can see the rack in the photos, the bag is black with a few reflective stripes and the signature Ventura red triangle. Tires are in good nick, no need to replace them in the near future.

The bike has had a pretty interesting history. Work took me to Canberra last year so between July and December 2008 it was only ridden for 3 days (Garaged all of that time). Before heading to Canberra it already had 9,000km on it of the 10,000km it currently has on it. On one of the rides in that time it was parked in the CBD and another car reversed into it. It fell and broke the handle bars. Went back to Dale Britton and they really had a field day on the insurance. Instead of just replacing the handle bars they also replaced the full fairing, exhaust, mirrors etc. etc. etc. (Pretty much the full front end) at the expense of the insurance company. So it looks like brand new, despite being a year old.

Recently on a ride (February) the big end bearing failed. Long story short, Dale Britton replaced the engine under warranty. That means the bike still needs to be fully run in, and will need a basic engine service at 10,450km.

Given that the front end, fairing and now engine have all been replaced recently this bike is an awesome buy and set to last. There is still a year remaining on the warranty with Dale Britton and it has been well cared for.

This bike would suit someone on their 250CC restricted license and be a brilliant first bike, as it has been for me. The reason for selling is I now have my bigger bike license and an awesome Honda CBR600F to keep me busy.

According to Red Book the private sale value on this bike is $4,500 to $5,300. Given that the bike is pretty much 'as new' and also includes the Howler exhaust and luggage rack I'm thinking $5,300 would be fair.
    :awesomedance:
    Originally posted by Ferris
    I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

There aint a facepalm big enough for that one.

Comment

Lloyd takes good care of his bikes, and is a member if this forum.

I wouldn't think that the engine being replaced under warranty would be much of a concern since it's a brand new motor and the bike still has a years' warranty left. At least he's fully disclosed all the incidents the bike has been involved in which is more than can be said for some other for sale ads around.
      Originally posted by Desmo
      Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Yeah, he's had some bad luck, and is being upfront about it. What's the drama?
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

good to see honest dudes selling as it is and telling it that way, cant remember how many times ive heard of ppl buying lemons then finding out the history later.

Comment

Don't let the facts get in the way of good bagging out over the internet.

Comment

This isn't even good bagging out.
              Originally posted by Desmo
              Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Damn, I though this thread was going to be about hot bargains in the Trading Post
                Originally posted by Melkor
                The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

I think what's hillarious is this:

"the bike was so fucked they had to replace the engine.." (with another hyo engine)

"..so now it's good as new!" (so you made sure you got a good one?)

etc.

Comment

Oooh, I hit 500...
                    Last edited by Dragunov-21; 28-08-2009, 06:29 PM.
                    Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                    If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

This, though it was far more funny when the ad was actually up.

FASTEST BIKE ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! NO RESERVE AUCTION, WILL SELL TO HIGHEST BIDDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GORGEOUS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOAED WITH UPGRADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL $4500 TRIBAL PAINT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! CALLED PUNISHER SKULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIRL CATCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPER NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! IT IS NINJA TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS HAYABUSA TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS HAYABUSA TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUMMER IS MOVING FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! YOSHIMURA DUAL PIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L.E.D. TAIL LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEON DASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TINTED SHIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 180 REAR TIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY MUCH CURB APPEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2003 SUZUKI HAYABUSA 1300 CUSTOM, NEED I SAY MORE??????????????????????????????? THIS BIKE IS IN ABOVE AVERAGE CONDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD NOT BE AFRAID TO RIDE THIS ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK, CHECK OUT OUR OTHER AUCTIONS, REMEMBER TO TAKE TIME FOR FAMILY AND PRAYER AND GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS BIKE COMES WITH BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                      If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

I'm sold
                        Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                        How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Comment

It had me at bragging rights...

Comment

Giant Hardtail downhill mountain bike - eBay Mountain Bikes, Bikes, Cycling, Sport. (end time 18-Oct-09 13:02:40 AEDST)
                            Originally posted by Ferris
                            I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

it would be worth paying the $1 just for the renthal bars.
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X