removal of pillion pegs and police question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removal of pillion pegs and police question

am i gonna get a hard time from mr plod if i remove them. there only good for a pair of breasts on my back but my gf wont go near the thing so unfortunately thats a non issue. my bike would look alot cleaner if they disappear with my seat cowl.

yeah I reckon pavillions look shit on a bike too

They should be left in big spaces like they were designed for
    Last edited by robocop; 29-08-2009, 12:07 PM.
    the name is Trevor like me to spell it for you

Originally posted by CitizenD
    Nobody is getting anywhere near my 'donut'. Not while my heart still beats.

Comment

I removed mine and I leave the rear seat cowl on. Cops pulled me over and didnt even notice it.
      And also if my mates ask me for a lift I cant do it haha.

Comment

You only need Pillion pegs if you are going to take pillions, shouldn't make any difference to the cops

Comment

Damn Pavilions!

Got a cowl, aussiemutt?
          Originally posted by Melkor
          The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

+1 for what Stoneville stated. No Pillion + No Passenger pegs = OK.......Pillion Passeneger + No Passenger Pegs = PINEAPPLE

Okey Dokey
            Eire

Comment

In Qld you can get a single seater rego, which means cheaper 3rd party insurance and registration.

They is no law saying you bike has to have them.
              BUT if you take a pillion the bike must have a pillion seat + pegs.

So...no pillion, pegs not required
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by cocksnogger2 View Post

Damn Pavilions!

Got a cowl, aussiemutt?
                yes snogger i have a cowl

Comment

Well as others have said, the reg requires the bike to have footrests for the driver and for any passenger for whom a seating position is provided.

I interpret this to mean you must have footrests for a pillion carried lawfully (i.e. not being dinkied on the handlebars or sitting side-saddle on the tank).

No pillion = no passenger = no requirement for footrests (pegs).

Another interpretation of the reg, which which I disagree, is that if you provide a seating position for a passenger you must provide footpegs (regardless of whether you are indeed carrying a passenger). If you eliminate that seating position (by way of a rear cowl), you eliminate that obligation.

But as I said, I disagree with that interpretation.
                  Last edited by The Saint; 29-08-2009, 04:41 PM. Reason: I knew that word looked kinda funny
                  Originally posted by Melkor
                  The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by robocop View Post

They should be left in big spaces like they were designed for
                    Along with the pergolas
                    sigpic Avatar: Sunburnt Photography. Signature: Ozboy

Comment

Well, if the policeperson wants to have a ride on the back you're in trouble.
                      Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

what are these pavillions do i need them and where do i get them?
                        National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

I larf'd
                          Earth first. We'll screw up the other planets later.

Comment

Since he rides an R1, wouldn't it be less of a pavilion and more of a gazebo? Or a beach umbrella?

Comment

i got my sv lisenced the other week and since i didnt have rear foot pegs or a seat on it , it is now lisenced as a single seater . inspector questioned me about this and my answer to him was if someone wants come for a ride they can buy there own bloody bike .
                              Kooka
                              Brett Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X