Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Beer!

Now i got your attention,
    My 01 gixer thou is up for a service and instead of topping up someone else wallet id thought id have a go myself and learn, now changing the oils not the problem i want to do the plugs as well and that where i might get stuck. being a daily rider dont really want to arse it up so the plan is anyboby that wouldn't mind showing me the right steps to do the job all parts supplied can be done at mine or yours just name your poison...

I do it for free.....

But u gotta wait until end of year!!!

Comment

Cheers for the offer m8 but service is due and i ride it every day...

Comment

No problemo...

Comment

Get the plugs changed at your next valve check. Much easier.

On the bike's I've owned, plugs generally last approx. 50,000km and coincide with a major service.

Comment

50,000 that long? would have thought sooner...
            is valve clearance a big job only done by pro mechanic's?

Comment

Originally posted by BeNo View Post
              50,000 that long? would have thought sooner...
              is valve clearance a big job only done by pro mechanic's?
              if you're unsure of changing plugs, i'd leave the valve clearances to a mechanic.

at least with plugs you're not really doing engine work. so theres little you can stuff up.

valve clearances on the other hand...you should have an idea of what you're doing before you attempt them i'd imagine.

Comment

Valves clearances are simple in theory, but can require the removal of a lot of stuff and need a keen mind or guidance to do the first time.

You should prepare yourself to spend a whole day doing valve clearances the first time.

Comment

Dont mind putting in the time, but think will leave the valves to the
                  people in the no... basic service is a good starting point to learn

Comment

Working...
                  X